Features of Gedit:
- Syntax highlighting for various program code and text markup formats
- GUI tabs for editing multiple files
- It supports a full undo and redo system as well as search and replace
- Code oriented features include line numbering, bracket matching, text wrapping, current line highlighting, automatic indentation and automatic file backup
- Multilanguage spellchecking
- Flexible plugin system allowing the addition of new features
- Configurable syntax highlighting for various languages (C, C++, Java, HTML, XML, Python, Perl and many others)
- A complete online user manual
- Configurable fonts and colors
Here is a CSS file opened with Gedit:
Settings for Gedit:
Go to Edit > Preferences and click the options you want. You can select extra plugins from here too. Those who never used any other Operating System outside Windows, just remember, your checking / unchecking the checkboxes will save the options itself. You need not to click Save or OK (actually there is no such button).
You will love it.