Previously we wrote some Tips on AdSense, among them the article on High Paying AdSense Ad Units : Understanding the Ad formats is important to understand some part of this article.
The Adsense team officially says that the first AdSense unit will always be the highest earning ads. Let us come to explore more about the first AdSense Unit.
Which is your First AdSense Unit?
The First AdSense Unit might not be the unit which visually appears to be the first on your blog. For example, if you place on AdSense unit on the highest position in sidebar (we are talking about WordPress) and another just horizontally half inch below in the left side (inside the text); it might appear to you that the First AdSense Unit is the sidebar’s one.
Is there any way to emphasize the First AdSense Unit?
Yes, it is possible to emphasize any AdSense unit as the First AdSense Unit by using div and a bit CSS. Make sure that the best performing ad unit with highest CTR is set as the First AdSense Unit to increase your revenue. It is itself a tutorial to force any AdSense unit as the first AdSense unit. But as Google AdSense has already written, here we go:
- Log in to your Google AdSense Publisher account.
- Go to support.
- Click the “Optimization Lab ” link (lower…scroll down…impossible to notice!)
- Click the link “Lift the CPC”
- Continue with the menu “B. First Ad Unit counts”
You can implement the codes on any AdSense unit to make it the first AdSense unit.
Which Ad Units are good as the First AdSense Unit?
We have given the link to another AdSense post, that will help you to understand which units suits perfect to be the First AdSense Unit.
Still, here are some tips:
- Selecting 336 box as the First AdSense Unit is possibly not a good idea. You can test yourself using it as First AdSense Unit, but for us it was not good. Explanation is that old post : it is not a standard IAB format unit.
- LeaderBoard works great as First AdSense Unit for some blogs, but most publishers say that medium rectangle works the best as first AdSense unit.