Why we will Disable and Remove Shutdown option from Windows 7?
This method to Disable and Remove Shutdown Option From Windows 7 to Control Users can be used along with our tutorials to create a Kiosk based on Windows 7 :
- Disable right click on the desktop and explorer in Windows 7
- Disable right click on the taskbar in Windows 7
- Disable access to Windows Task Manager in Windows 7
- Prevent running specified programs and applications in Windows 7
So, in conjunction with the aboves, use this Disable and Remove Shutdown tut to complete the circle.
How we will Disable and Remove Shutdown option from Windows 7?
It is very important to answer how we will disable and remove Shutdown option. Important, because as we can easily disable and remove Shutdown option in Windows 7 Ultimate and Professional Editions from group policy editor. Microsoft has disabled the group policy editor in Home Premium or lower versions, no question to remove Disable and Remove Shutdown in that way. So, logically we need to disable and remove Shutdown option using registry editor in Windows 7 Home Premium or lower editions.
Disable and remove Shutdown option using Group Policy Editor
To Disable and Remove Shutdown, Click Start Button, Type gpedit.msc in the search field :
Hit Enter and accept security prompt. Go to : Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > User Rights Assignment > Shut Down the System:
Double Click where the mouse is. It will bring a new Window like below, Select the user group you want to Disable and Remove Shutdown, “Users” in this screenshot, select it, Hit Remove > Apply > OK :
Simply restart your PC and log in from users account to check whether Disable and Remove Shutdown feature is working.
Disable and Remove Shutdown in Home Premium or lower
- We have to Disable and Remove Shutdown option using Registry Editor. Open Registry Editor, go to following path: HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
- Select Explorer in the left-hand pane, right click in the right-hand pane and select New >DWORD ; then name it as NoClose.
- Double click on NoClose and change the Hex Value to 1 ; Click OK and Close Registry Editor.
- Restart, you will be able to Disable and Remove Shutdown in Windows 7 Home Premium or lower in this way.
Above method Disable and Remove Shutdown Button but any user can actually shut down using command prompt.