Compact Digital Camera or DSLR – very tough question especially right now when some high end Compact Digital Camera gives various features and an entry level DSLR costs less that that model. Whether to buy a Compact Digital Camera or DSLR, this can not be answered by any article online. You have to understand yourself Compact Digital Camera or DSLR, which is the right choice for you.
Prepare yourself before asking Compact Digital Camera or DSLR
You need to prepare yourself before asking Compact Digital Camera or DSLR, which I will buy. Preparing means many things – starting from inquiring about the basic technology behind Compact Digital Camera or DSLR – which we have already posted about individually, second is to understand your need – what you expect from a camera, third is to understand your main usage.
Calculate the cost of Compact Digital Camera or DSLR
You must understand that, buying a DSLR is not the end, unlike a Compact Digital Camera. For macro shot, you will need separate Lens, for getting the maximum out of your DSLR, you might later need to think about a L (aspherical) Lens, Prime Lens – the cost of a Lens may be few times more than the cost of the body of a entry level DSLR.
Let us make head to head – Compact Digital Camera or DSLR
Head to head comparison to buy Compact Digital Camera or DSLR is often done to promote own affiliate products by many websites. You can not compare a Piano with a Synthesizer. Both are musical instruments and fact is that a Synthesizer can produce sounds like a Piano.
A Panda's Dream, taken by gilad.
Make: Canon Model : Canon EOS 5D Mark II Lens : Canon EF 300mm f/4.0 L IS USM Shutter Speed : 1/2656 second Aperture : F/4.0 Focal Length : 300 mm ISO Speed : 100
Points those can help you to choose between Compact Digital Camera or DSLR
- Find out the bigger Online Photography Forums. Go to specific models and watch the photos posted by the members. It takes a huge time to understand what Canon EOS 550D can or can not do. Notice the comments, most posts about their profession in these profiles.
- Output from a DSLR needs post processing, we usually do it in Adobe Photoshop, its a costly software itself and needs time to master. The bundled freebies softwares are really not enough and there is no software that can cross the abilities of Adobe Photoshop. You noticed a photographer posted a great looking photo with the EXIF data, you went impressed with the fact that 550D is very nice model within your budget – you have missed the line posted by the photographer “PP done on PS CS5.” This ” PP done on PS CS5″ part might have taken 2 hours itself. Adobe Photoshop is the digital darkroom for the DSLR.
- What ever Canon DSLR you buy, always buy the 50 mm prime Lens – It is called nifty fifty because it is the only prime lens that costs so little.
- Whatever DSLR you buy, you will need a Compact Digital Camera – be it your iPhone’s camera or an entry level camera. It is quite impossible to carry a DSLR along with the lens everywhere.
- Compact Digital Camera or DSLR does not compose the photo – it is you standing behind the camera will take the photos. Understanding and mastering photography itself is needed.
- Compact Digital Camera or DSLR is not like other tech gadgets. It will not work like a program. It is you who will have to direct it in the right way.