YouTube Video Tips and Tricks for Publishers will help you to create, optimize YouTube videos, get direct backlinks, Traffic to your blog as well as earn money. We are linking to our some older articles on YouTube Video Tips and Tricks which might be helpful for various level of users – YouTube AdSense Basics – How to Make Money or the guide on How to Publish Windows Movie Maker Video to YouTube with 2 Step Verification or Creating YouTube Videos for Guides That Works or basic process for Adding AdSense Account of Different Email with YouTube.
YouTube Video Tips : Forget What Others Said, Learn What Google Says
YouTube Video Tips and Tricks are not only searched by the publishers but also by Google themselves ! The basic reason is – Video is more engaging and the revenue is more from a good video compared to any text based webpage, both for Google and the publishers. Google wants good Video publishers and actually the ‘supply’ is less than their need. CPM an go up to $300 quite easily. Reason is, unique videos of demand is difficult to find as creating a video demands high end setup, good hardware, good video and sound editing.
Plus, if you are eligible as YouTube Partner like us, your good videos will be promoted as featured video on YouTube. What so ever, you can always read the resources from Google :
It is really a huge resource.
YouTube Video Tips and Tricks for Publishers : Required Hardware Setup
There are steps of progress for an average blogger to create YouTube Video. Other direct creators like Singers or Brands need not to follow this steps :
- First create good quality HD video mainly around your blog’s topic.
- You might be shy to add voice over the video or appear in front of the camera, but gradually you must need to appear in front.
- We recommend to use voice initially and then gradually switch to full face to face video.
Hardware requirements :
Most gross XYZ blog has huge number of video views, but actually not very professional quality videos. You must set target for longer time, i.e. for years after years. It is just like evergreen content in case of blog. So, you must produce the highest quality of video today, otherwise after 2 years, as the technology will progress; if you use an average setup; they will become crap. Your invested time and effort is always same, so why not to invest a bit more taking it as a venture ?
We recommend :
- iMac or MacBook Pro 15″ with calibrated display. Please search within this website with Mac ICC profile if you have no idea about calibration. There are few articles on it, including guide for hardware calibration.
- Microphone – Minimum Apple EarPod’s that microphone. Better to use a good Microphone those are available on Apple Premium Reseller shops.
- Camera – Better to use dedicated camcorder. Some DSLR can serve the basic need. MacBook’s camera is of no help here.
- The room – Must have proper small studio setup with proper lighting, sound shielding, cooling etc.
- Obvious choice of Video Editor is iMovie.
Basically all can not have a good voice. However, it is your real voice and everyone must hear it in that condition. English has hundreds of accents and one country’s people can not understand the others’ one. Avoid locally added various phonetics (it is most important for some British counties and the Indians). Speak slowly, do not rush. All of us, who write these kind of YouTube Video Tips and Tricks on practical points actually has some connection with delivering speech. All of us use written scripts or prompts. It demands a quite good practice. Lip sync is difficult to master and unless needed, avoid it.
Where you have good hope to earn money, honestly a cheap Windows or Linux based setup abuses your time and effort. We are saying about post processing not usage as OS in front of the user. It can be anything.
Fast Attack Tips and Tricks
The first 15 seconds is crucial :
- The summary / benefits / information has the most impact
- Attention give to Youtube Analytics
- One movie at least one a week (for SEO)
- Series might be shot on the same day
- Making Of, deleted scenes, bonus interviews increases traffic.
- Check the stats which are important days
- Use current topics as well as evergreen topics to create videos
- Ask other publishers to publish their videos on your channel, do some cross-promotion
- Give interactivity – Via the annotations
- Ask visitors to subscribe to your channel via highlighting your other videos on posts.
- Ask for feedback (with a simple question Yes / No / other suggestions) (it influences SEO)
- Optimize your descriptions – The first essential keywords in the title, description and comments (12 keywords or more within 120 characters) – the first 2 lines appear in the description on YouTube.
- Use quotes for keywords in order to take into expression
- Use Google Keyword Tools to identify the keywords most used
- Give attention to the thumbnail of your video
- Do not give false promise – it has worser impact than on written text
- Never blame anyone or arise an inflammatory topic
- Do not mix up contents
- Moderate and answer to comments