You have worked hard to make your blog to appear in top positions on the results of the search engines. But you have noticed that visitors who come through them, your statistic counter tells that they stayed in your blog from zero seconds and one minute.
We all feel the anger when that occurs,
What did not you like about my blog?
Often the problem is not the content as per se. We will give you some tips that
Do not say goodbye to your internal linking
- Avoid writing posts like, “Look at this link!”. People just get in and in less than a second, if they are not interested in the link or the simple curiosity that made that click, leave and never return; unless they are regular readers. We said many times, regular visitors are very much valuable. We get many emails from contact us form from our regular readers. How personal they can be you simply can not imagine until you can make such relationship.
- If you refer to an article from another blog, which provides some relevant content, do not write a single line like saying, “Check out this article.” Write your own ideas about it, whether you agree or not. Invite your readers to believe. They are likely to click on the link, but also will return.
Show off your content, give options
We already discussed this point as an article. Here are just the outlines.
- Use internal links and mark external links
That is, if you refer to a post from another blog and your articles it let that know the reader. How? We wrote an interesting article on marking external link with an arrow mark like Wikipedia. You can try it. You will ask why we are not using it? The icon overrides our external links in the social media icon box below the post. We are trying to fix it though. Other than eye candy, regular visitors will get so much used with it, they will get annoyed when other blogs will not use it.
- Provides more options
If you use WordPress you can use a plugin that allows you to include related articles. If the topic interests them end up diving sure your content.
Design the blog with unique logos and icons
The mass people has a great feature. “Mass people” includes you or me too in other area. What is it? People try to imitate, remember the peoples they like. Many people have the hair cutting or dress up like their favorite star. It is what our learned behavior to copy good or successful people. Recall your mother said when you were a mere child, “have you noticed that senior in your school? He got so nice job, you see, how hard working awarded him!”. At that age, we often got irritated, but this psychology (this is called Modeling) in fact acts after the teen age. People come to understand, they need to copy someone’s good things. Dressing up like a Star might be too much for a normal person, but these imitation runs in our sub-conscious mind.
The reason behind delivering the medical related lecture here (instead of DailyMedico) is to make you understand :
- You must create a logo that is unique and attractive
- Your web design should be elegant
- Instead of popular believe, click through only increases if the Advertisement box is place inside the content, you can think and test other places; our click through rate (that is number of people surfed this website : number of clicks). It is in fact a leather board that does not hamper reading that much but we get an average pageview of 3.
- The icons like tags, bullets should be nice and as unique as possible.
Getting readers takes time, so it does not seem a good idea to send out those who are coming slowly, the best: show what you can offer.