The popularity of a website depends on several points among them most important is convenience and simplicity of the website. This ensures repeat visits, less bounce rate.
The ratio of unique visitors, bounce rate and pageviews determines how much money you will make from contextual advertising or direct sell of the products.
Ideally, your objective should be to grab the attention of every visitor who comes to the site, push him or her to purchase or registration or subscription. If the home page does not make the visitor understand what is is your website is about or have no interesting content, he or she will leave. Here are some tips to get more traffic and reduce the bounce rate in your website.
- Page loading speed : Make your webpage as fast as possible to load. More you will get visitors, more you have to make it fast, to reduce load on the server.
- Use breadcrumb to make the visitor understand where he or she is. Look a bit up : this page is saying “You are here: Home / WordPress and SEO / 50 tips to get more traffic and reduce the bounce rate”.
- Use common rules: blue -for hyperlinks. If you use gray for hyperlinks, over 80% times they will be not clicked.
- No Flash navigation.
- No pop ups. Whether advertisement or newsletter.
- Nice clean footer with the usual needed links.
- Simplicity with elegance in design.
- Focus on usability: too rich graphics makes difficult to load the webpage fast and if stopped loading by the user, it becomes unusable.
- Run polls to ask visitors about any thing you are not getting the answer.
- Using a different color for visited links is a good idea.
- You will always be out of competition, if you force problems on the users. Make the page light weighted.
- Convenience and ease of use is always reflected in earnings, leads to an increase in the index return on investment (ROI) – popular bloggers believe that this index is 1000%. We get around 97.5 % as calculated. LakeQuincy rocks about pay rate, by the way, if you use Adbrite, you will unable to calculate ROI because of its virtually non existent pay rates. We made 7 cents per day when we had unique 800 visitors and around 8 clicks. We will curse them as many times as possible because of loss of the money.
- Build trust – definitely you or we need clicks on Advertisement banners, but think of better placements to increase the trust that the website is not a vault to deposit money.
- Follow the corporate policy of Apple, come down to the level of user and answer every comment even if you have 20% doubt that is a spam.
- Provide the reader a form to send a bug report if you have changed something that makes you feeling it may be appear wrongly on some users’ computer.
- Responding to e-mails of visitors show respect and care.
- Use e-mails and automated messages for Twitter following.
- Set FAQ page and other buyer’s feedback if you sell something.
- Avoid using jargons. Do not appear as a knowledgeable person using jargons.
- Send personal email to subscribers asking what they liked about the website and what not. 50% will not reply.
- Write point wise for big articles. If you are interested to write reference texts, type them and try publishing it; but keep your blog short and interesting.
- Subheading are very important.
- Work on your titles – they should be of bright color. We used blood red as it is our lucky color. If you have believed it, you need to understand the person writing it. Signal, signal…do not you see the traffic signals? Use among those three. And yes forget about that lucky color.
- Use a font size large enough to read with spectacles at the age of forty and readable from 50 cm away from the screen if eyes do not need minus power glasses like me.
- Category name should be self explanatory. Additional tool tips for Google and peoples like me with low I.Q.
- Use the familiar words, for both human and search engines. Make light apolitical jokes inside the writings.
- The headline should contain the meaning of article – they are used in the RSS feed and Tweeter.
- If one article is targeted for advanced users, mention it.
- Create page titles more unique. If we use the title “SEO techniques for…” for 200 articles, it might be great for Google not for you.
- Expresses the number in digits, and not words. Human brain needs time to understand numbers written in words and gets fatigued.
- Use anchor texts in hyperlinks.
- Do not include references in the sidebar, without explaining what they can offer.
- Navigation and user interface elements should be simple and clear, allowing users to easily navigate the site.
- Content should be brief, concise, include keywords and selected abstracts expressed through excerpts.
- Think of writing one or two offtopic hot topics too, to get unusual visitors from Google.
- Track visitors, how they came to the site, and on this basis build navigation.
- Attach great importance to the local navigation (related articles, popular articles etc.).
- Every page and post should have links to other posts. Best place is the sidebar.
- Add a forum when visitor count increases to 20K / day or more.
- Colored texts in a paragraph, without definite reason (For example the codes needs) is not a good idea. Have you seen a newspaper printed in red texts?
- Optimize your page titles. Use key phrases.
- Use the author box. Google and your readers needs to know who wrote it.
- Update articles. Mention the date of modification.
- Strike-through texts has good impact. Use them for correcting any wrong information. For example, you wrote in your blog that I do not wear glasses. I noticed it and almost proved you have humiliated me through comments. Live example :
Dr. Abhishek has the advantage of being a normal sighted person, that is why he can write garbages very easily.
(after my attack)
has the advantage of being a normal sighted person, that is why he can write garbages easily.is a nice person, we wounder how he writes the garbages without wearing the glasses. (We are sorry for writing the things ago, he indeed born wearing the glasses, please see the comments below).
- Turn 180 degrees if situation goes wrong. It is a must have character for administrative works.
- Last one: When you are losing traffic, claim in Tweeter you got the highest traffic that day. Do not overuse it; bad people will call you a lier.