Pageviews and bounce rate has an obvious relationship. If a website’s bounce rate is very high (nearly 100); pageviews can not be more than 1 in an average. Though our prime target should be to increase the number of unique visitors from Google and other search engines, once this target is is stable; we must give importance to increase the pageviews.
Google Analytics is very nice free traffic analysis web based software. Based on Google analytics, you can drill down the parameters, plan implement what to do next. Here are some points those are discussed.
Factors which can increase your pageviews
- It is very important to have a good hosting service, faster the server response time; the site will load faster. Many newbies evaluate whether a server is good or bad by looking at the first look up time. It might not be right in all cases. For WordPress, you must use a good Linux server. Windows servers do not provide all the features that will be needed for running WordPress. For CDN (content delivery network), choose a good company too.
- Qualitative of content must be maintained for each and every post. Even if one post is bad, the chance remains of getting bounced from that page. Visitors judge the quality of the site instantaneously by reading one post then decide whether to close or “have a look” on other pages.
- A well designed hard coded navigation.
- The design should not strain the eyes. As we give the example; a website with a fluorescent green backround and orange colored banner does not looks great.
- Optimize the position of advertising – it is a very important factor. It is a wrong idea that banner advertisement on the right side are most clicked. In fact it makes the website look like a crap. We can not ask any visitor to click the Advertisement as the company’s rule; but we need clicks to get the cents. This thought pushes most to place Advertisements above the fold. Minimize the number of Adverts above the fold ; that will will create heaven and hell difference in the look.
Analyzing data from Google Analytics
- Number of page views.
- The time that user spent on the page and site as a whole.
- Top Exit Pages from the site.
- Bounce rate.
- Speed from Google Webmaster tool.
- Number of returning visitors.
Entertainment websites average is around 5 page views per visitor, erotic and adult websites have average of 7 and blog website like this has 2-3 average page views, news websites has high returning visitors and low page views (that is why some of them give different options page before reading the full posts to increase the pageviews).
Follow the Author of this article :