High Paying AdSense Ad Units those really gets the highest paying Ads are not very difficult to find. To maximize your AdSense revenue we will discuss today some tricks on while selecting the Google AdSense Ad format and placement.
The concepts, ideas, feedbacks and experiences of mature webmasters all around the World has been used to write this article on high paying AdSense Ad Units.
The concept and reason behind to find the high paying Google AdSense Ad Units
The concept and reason to find out the high paying AdSense Ad Units is simple. Not all Google AdSense Ad units (or Ad units from other Advertising companies) have the high Click Through Rate (CTR) or displays wider range of Ads.
In order to find out the high paying AdSense units, we need to understand certain points of IAB Ad Unit Guidelines. As of February 28, 2011; Core Standard Ad Units are:
- 300 x 250 (Medium Rectangle, part of Universal Ad Package)
- 180 x 150 (Rectangle, part of Universal Ad Package)
- 728 x 90 (Leaderboard, part of Universal Ad Package)
- 160 x 600 (Wide Skyscraper, part of Universal Ad Package)
- 300 x 600 (Half Page Ad)
- 120 x 60 (Button 2)
- 88 x 31 (Micro Bar)
- Rising Stars Display Ad Units
All sizes are in pixels and other sizes are either never been listed (if exists) or has been delisted.
It is quite obvious that, almost all Advertisers designs or creates their Ad units for the IAB standard Ad formats.
So, this the first point to find out the high paying AdSense Ad Units as we will have the maximum probability to get Ads from all the Advertisers if we use Core Standard Ad Units of Universal Ad Package.
Note that, 125 x 125 Ad unit is not listed but 125 x 125 unit of Google AdSense is used by several very popular blogs. Actually most of them are among Google Premium Publishers. Google AdSense does not release much information about the Google AdSense Premium Program and the Premium Publishers are required to sign a NDA (non-disclosure agreement).
Suggested Ad Sizes by Google AdSense which might have relationship with high paying AdSense Ad Units
Google AdSense says about which factors might play roles for getting increase CTR, most are from the results submitted of the submitted data from A/B tests by well established publishers.
Bigger Ad units will have high CTR, this is what Google suggests.
This is our second point to find out the high paying AdSense Ad Units.
Logical summation of above mentioned to points to find out the high paying AdSense Ad Units
- 300 x 250 (Medium Rectangle), 728 x 90 (Leaderboard) and 160 x 600 (Wide Skyscraper) are probably the best high paying AdSense Ad Units. We are excluding the 300 x 600 (Half Page Ad) from our high paying AdSense Ad Units list as it is not available to a normal/usual Google AdSense publisher. You might have noticed that, Digg time to time uses this format. Google AdSense is probably testing the 300 x 600 size.
- Next is our beloved delisted-IAB standard format : 336 x 280 (Large Rectangle). Beloved, because it is the Ad Unit with possibly the highest CTR for an average publisher, if not the top high paying AdSense Ad Unit. It increases the CPC and matches with the statement ” Bigger Ad units will have high CTR”.
This is the end of our article on High Paying Adsense Units within ~600 words. We hope it will be helpful for you to choose the high paying AdSense unit for your site. We have giving importance to “your site” because, the 300 x 250 unit gives this blog a big revenue with very high CPC, it is our High Paying Adsense unit, this format might not be your site’s High Paying Adsense unit. Test with different units to find out the right high paying Adsense unit for your blog.
You might be interested to read our article on High Paying Keywords, which can be implemented along with your strategy for using high paying Adsense unit.