SEO Myths run from the beginners to a seasoned webmaster. Here are the most common myths about SEO which are falsely believed to be true by many of us.
Why we have listed these SEO Myths
The reason to list these common misconceptions is to make every beginner aware, what SEO actually can do and what is beyond its capacity.
Here is the list of common SEO myths
- Being on the first page of Google will guarantee success
- SEO will put my website on the first page of Google.
- If my site is losing traffic the reason is Google is penalizing.
- If I gets lots of traffic, I will make huge money.
- All websites sites on the first page of Google are successful.
- Registering domains for multiple years will help in the search engine positioning.
- The inactive domains or parked for several years have an advantage over most new domains.
- Any incoming link is good.
- If I create a blog, visitors will visit today or tomorrow.
- Many “SEO farms has good relationship” with Google.
Explanation of the above points on SEO Myths in brief
The amount of search made for a particular keyword determines the amount of traffic. Being on the #1 result for very uncommon keywords practically can not bring any traffic.
No SEO expert can guarantee 100% success. Website loss traffic in a wave form; there are ways to minimize the flactuations, but it is not possible to make the curve straight : no SEO can do it, simply people surfs less during the weekends.
Keyword’s value is most important determinant of the money made, not the huge amount of traffic. In fact, huge traffic but less clicks can make one a less earning because of low CTR; this is the reason why many Forums shows no Adverts to the registered members : repeat visitors are less likely to click any Adverts and will decrease the CTR.
Parked sites might be ignored by Google even if they are made “live”. It needs more effort to make Google understand the domain is active now than the effort needed for a new domain. Also, you do not know the past SEO Karma of the parked domain.
Links from penalized domains might have bad effect. Links from unrelated domains has little SEO value. Links from the Same IP but different domain name has little value.
Google clearly states to report against anyone who claims to have “better relationship” with them.
Suggested reading : myths and realities about SEO Tips and Plugins.
Follow the Author of this article :