After writing about the font types that facilitate the reading of your blog, it is good to look at other aspects of design that if we care can wipe out all of our work.
To facilitate the reading of the text we try to color it and the background have sufficient contrast so as not to cause fatigue in the eyes of visitors and precipitate abandonment of the blog. There is some controversy about using contrast, for example, white lettering on black background. The critics believe that a headache though, of course, also it has its defenders too.
However, in many cases have to be careful with the type of contrast we choose because it can worsen the readability of the text dramatically.
Obviously, you will not use orange text on a fluorescent green background.
We have already discussed some time a visitor does not usually stop to read the contents of a page. First scans and if you find something that may be interesting then is when begin the reading. Therefore, we must give our posts in a format that is easy to scan as well as reading.
To do this, it might be worth using lists that allow the reader a quick idea of ??what you are reading. Write short paragraphs, trying to divide those longer paragraphs into smaller ones. The white space between paragraphs gives the blog of a sense of clarity and cleanliness.
Readers are impatient and try to find what interests them as quickly as possible, so you can also put in bold those you consider most important points or to help the reader in your search.
Another important factor in text format is the space between lines. Easier to read and gives the blog a better look.
So, try to establish a space between the lines you think may be convenient for your readers. It is no use if other aspects take care when reading the reader is overwhelmed by the lack of separation of the lines.
Other important points are:
- Do not use underlined normal texts. Visitors often mistakes them with hyperlinks and click them, resulting in annoyance.
- Do not use colored texts without any reason. The subheader can be colored, it looks good; but if you suddenly color a block of text red, that might not look very nice.
- Bold words to mean something that the visitor, as a human can understand; to give emphasis for example. Using bold words to get a better chance of increasing keyword’s importance is not very nice idea.
- Use left alignment of the (English) text.
- Do not use Advertisements in between paragraphs: your pageviews will decrease. Visitors, you will like your blog will click Advertisements knowingly it can give you few cents to run the blog, do not try them to fool. This is one of the cause of short-term monetary gain and long term loss of repeat visitors. If you carefully notice the established blogs for past few years, you will see they have placed advertisements separately from the text.
Keep the blog simple yet elegant
Sometimes less is better. Keeping a blog elegant looking is an art. Do not try to fill your blog with a lot of doubtfully useful things those will distract and confuse the reader. Think about what elements are actually functional, if you need to be there and if they are useful. Placing a clock in the sidebar is a perfect example.
Take care of links
One of the most important elements of a blog are the links it displays. The blue color is normal to display links on a website but it is clear that one would like to adapt their color to the layout of your site, therefore, is important that at least the links look like hyperlinks.
Follow the Author of this article :