This month the traffic has increased significantly on the website, at least compared to February when traffic was increased more than 22%.
No. we are not saying about our website! It is what you dream, it is what you want for you blog. It is a matter of fact, most of the blogger who works hard to write blogs expects a monetary return. And why would not expect? Just take the example of you: you alone, in your extreme busy schedule write the best of the best content for your readers, you are investing your brain, time and money for the setup. There is nothing wrong to expect that the cost of a better server, cost of electricity bill, cost of the bandwidth and at the end of the year you would able to buy another Macbook Pro from the advertisement revenue. This is minimum. And yes, it will happen to you too, if you follow the basics of optimizing the SEO part of your website or blog. Previously, we wrote about the steps to make money from your blog. This time, we will go in to deeper part of the analysis: why you can not make money and to understand the phenomenon, you must understand the source of traffic to evaluate successfulness of your SEO strategy. Here are the keys that you should keep your mind to get monetary return from your blog:
- Analyze the trend of traffic: From where the traffic is coming? A good blog should get >75% traffic only from Google and other organic search engine results.
- Analyze from which country the traffic is coming: The Advertisement revenue differs as per major source of visitor’s country. This is because, the advertisement companies get paid accordingly and gives you in return.
- Keywords and topic: High value keywords, such as “Making money online” can yield better result for one advertiser on the other hand, writing about programing can yield from other.
- Giving freebies can yield traffic, but not much money: The reasons are, the visitor will download and go away, the intelligent codes of the advertisers will count it as a bounce and also the keywords might not show good Advertisements. Who will pay more for “Windows 7 themes” keyword?
- Understand what your visitors need: This is the reason why we are writing this article. Analyze the keywords of your visitors. We have around 200 Windows 7 Tutorials in this website; majority searches for a problem and arrives here. We need not to write more tutorials, because we have sufficient stock. Writing about WordPress, SEO or other blogging tips might bring more traffic: this understanding is essential.
- Do not write about News: Unless you are an News channel and have lot of writers to write, it is better to avoid or write little; because the News which will bring traffic for a week will turn old after one week and no one (or very few) will search for them.
- If your visitors spend good time in your website: Welcome. Think of alternate income too. Write e-books or design something to sell. You got loyal visitors already, there is enough chance to sell them.
- Deploy the SEO methods we already have written: Today, we got two comments from visitors, one visitor saying, he is running a charity based website on own server; but due to low income they have to close it. Another visitor has a Blogger blog, Adsense has disqualified his blog. These are very facts sad to hear. Kindly deploy the SEO methods we already have written in this website (or follow other such good blog, no matter; the basic will be the same, read which is easy to follow for you.) We have written and writing which we are using (almost all good blog does that) for the best result.
- Do not arrange for competition when you are losing traffic: It might seem paradoxical, but arranging for a competition in a worse situation will make you more distressed. Write quality wise voluminous blogs instead. In other words, you might be wasting $100 for a contest when you can not get it back.
- Are you writing of your own? This is the last point. We are not asking whether you are writing unique content. We are taking that you are writing good unique articles. But there are websites with good ranks (particularly forums), which knows you write nicely, but do not get enough traffic (= not in the limelight), Google crawls your site every 5-6 days very lazily; where as, that website or forum’s post get indexed instantly. In that case, they might fully copy your content and licking the honey which you have collected. Follow our methods to get indexed by Google as soon as the post is published.
Follow the Author of this article :