The starting price for the iPad two is about $ 499 for the wireless model (Wifi only) with 16 GB of storage space. The 32-gigabyte model will cost $ 599, the 64-gigabyte device $ 699. The price of the iPad provided with a UMTS and GPS module (iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G) starts at $ 629 (16 GByte). The 32-gigabyte model will cost $ 729, which in turn with 64 GB costs $ 829. Smart Coverage for Apple estimated around $ 30 (varies from country to country). There are several accessories available too.
Who can think of buying
Anyone who is busy, needs to access a computer fast, like a blogger, a professional who needs to seek and carry laptop or a student who needs a mobile computer that will last for several years at a reasonable price can think of buying iPad. It does reduces the load of carrying a heavy laptop and definitely reduces to do the things in a Nokia smartphone which costs around 70%-80% of the basic price of iPad2.
Features varies from non-3G to WiFi + 3G models, here is a gross idea:
- Height: 9.50 inches (241.2 mm)
- Width: 7.31 inches (185.7 mm)
- Depth: 0.34 inch (8.8 mm)
- Weight: 1.35 pounds (613g) (Wi-Fi + 3G model)
- Weight: 1.34 pounds (607g) (Wi-Fi + 3G for Verizon model)
- 9.7-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen Multi-Touch display with IPS technology
- 1024-by-768-pixel resolution at 132 pixels per inch (ppi)
- Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
- Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously
- 1GHz dual-core Apple A5 custom-designed, high-performance, low-power system-on-a-chip
- Back camera: Video recording, HD (720p) up to 30 frames per second with audio; still camera with 5x digital zoom
- Front camera: Video recording, VGA up to 30 frames per second with audio; VGA-quality still camera
- Tap to control exposure for video or stills
- Photo and video geotagging over Wi-Fi
- Built-in 25-watt-hour rechargeable lithium-polymer battery
- Up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video, or listening to music
- Up to 9 hours of surfing the web using 3G data network
- Charging via power adapter or USB to computer system
- 30-pin dock connector port
- 3.5-mm stereo headphone minijack
- Built-in speaker
- Micro-SIM card tray (GSM model only)
- Three-axis gyro
- Ambient light sensor
- Audio formats supported: HE-AAC (V1 and V2), AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, and 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV
- Video mirroring and video out support: Up to 1080p with Apple Digital AV Adapter or Apple VGA Adapter (cables sold separately)
- Video out support at 576p and 480p with Apple Component AV Cable; 576i and 480i with Apple Composite AV Cable
- Video formats supported: H.264 video up to 720p, 30 frames per second, Main Profile level 3.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format.
It is a fantastic device. There is no doubt Apple has defined computing in a new way. As for Apple other products : iPad2 is simple, elegant and rock stable.