Search Engine Optimization Checklist
More and more corporate like blogs, forums are currently getting familiar with the term SEO , worst is going for small bloggers and website owners. They can invest $1000 for a month to look after and correct the errors: it is their one day’s advertisement revenue. But, what about the true enthusiast bloggers? Only few can cross the $100 per month from advertisement revenue. Only the thought of professional SEO service is a luxury for most of them. So, if you are like us, can not bear the cost and not sure whether you are doing everything right; here is a checklist for you.
Search engine optimization is essential for online success. Without SEO , it is almost impossible to achieve a good ranking. Search engine optimization is a continuous process of both acts on site and off site optimization.
Search engine optimization is divided into two categories:
- On spage optimization
- Off page optimization
Onpage Optimization – This is the notion of the layout of the website, it is the intention so the search engine crawls the website with ease-and to ensure that they can read those keywords from the pages can achieve revelant to the ranking.
Offpage optimization – They focus mainly on the popularity and appreciation of a website. Many incoming links from the same industry and preferably a higher pagerank of your website will then give priority over your competitors.
- Create a domain with your main keyword in it
- Examine your current google positions
- Install google analytics and google webmaster tools and research your positions and how to find your website
- Use the incoming links checker tool to check your current inbound links
- Use words that visitors use
- Put your keyword phrases also
- Find out what is the most popular search
- How competitive is the keyword
- And at what keyword is not much competition
- Is your site visually appealing
- Is your site visually clear
- You see immediately what is essential and what is at stake
- Have relevant keywords into URLs
- Create search engine friendly URLs but take into account the structure of the website.
- Use words that visitors use
- Do not use frames
- Add a Sitemap page
- Create a sitemap . xml and put it through the Google webmaster tools.
- Add a robots.txt to the server
- Create a good 404 page for both your visitors and Google .
- Avoid delay in page load by heavy animations
Programming with clean code
- Follow the guidelines of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) validate HTML (or xHTML) with the W3C.
- Ensure the indexable content as high as possible
- Do not use obsolete HTML elements
- Create a search engine friendly navigation
Check the tags
- Write an intelligent tag that starts with the page name and then the name of the site
- Description meta tag
- Keyword meta tag
- Alt tag for images
- Title tag for images
- Headlines, such as H1, H2 etc.
- Use image replacement as sIFR font color to display.
- Keywords in internal links
- Write unique content
- Make the content as effective as possible
- Research and increase the keyword density to Googlebot simulator
- Do not use invisible text
- Avoid short texts
- Use strong and em for keywords in places of your page where it is needed
- Use tables only for tabular data, such as a price list
- Optimize the whole site
- Log in to the search engines
- Aggregate quality links, read more about link building
- Check the link on your website regularly
- Check the inbound links regularly
- Avoid nonsense links
- Place your main keyword in the link
- Put an link exchange (with better quality content websites)
- Create links to your site from social networking , profile pages, blog posts, etc.
How to optimize according to Wikipedia:
In general, a search engine that covers three areas of analysis:
- Onpage optimization / OnSite factors (structure, content and technology on a website)
- Maximizing external backlinks (also called link building)
- Keyword Analysis (the discovery of interesting keywords, determining the volume of searches on those keywords and analyze the quantity, quality and authority of competing pages for those keywords).
Generally you can say that the best optimization for a website to deliver quality content is combined with a sound structure. Search engines are indeed looking for the best content for search users, and a good content is therefore a necessity.
Keyword density is often taken into account, title tag and the proper use of headers. By right (X) HTML is used to weight to text. So considering text between tags within websites <h1> heavier than text in paragraph – <p> – tags.
Many companies often spend money on advertising, but pay too little work on the content of their website. Who wants to be found on some good products will in the first place as much as possible to tell and ensure that this information can be properly indexed.
It is also important to the website in a proper way to build a good title. The meta description tag by search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing. This meta tag is visible is the list of results. By a better description to each page (description) before someone will click on your listing.
That way you have an influence on CTR. The death of the keyword metatag has already been took place eight years ago, so this is an obsolete story.