Search engine ranking factors of Google are publicly not known. It is assumed that there are just over 200 ranking factors that have different importance for Positioning on Search Engine Results page.
Previously we wrote 50 Tips to get more traffic in your blog, this time we will write about probable points on Search Engine Ranking Factors.
How people know these Search Engine Ranking Factors
All these Search Engine Ranking Factors written here based on different webmasters’ experience after working with their websites years after years. SEO experts wrote in pieces about their experiences and assumed these can be among the Search Engine Ranking Factors in Google’s proprietary algorithm. Outside Google, no one knows what are the points and how the calculations are actually done.
But, checking these points will definitely help you to get a better position in Google search result only if your content is unique and great.
Assumed Search Engine Ranking Factors
- Age of the Domain is most important among the Search engine ranking factors
- Proper understandable URL containing Keywords
- Proper Keywords in the Title tag
- Proper Keywords in the Meta description tag is well known among the Search Engine Ranking Factors
- Position of the Keywords from the left side in the above said Points 2, 3 & 4
- Proper Keyword density, SEO experts says 4-5%
- Keywords in the anchor text of outgoing link on the page
- Keywords in the anchor text of incoming link to the page
- Keywords in name of the images
- Keywords in the alt tag of the images might be among the Search Engine Ranking Factors
- Keywords in the title of the images
- Keywords in the link of the images (if it is linked to somewhere)
- Keywords in the name of any attached downloadable documents, such as pdf
- Keywords in the link of any attached downloadable documents
- Keywords in the anchor text of those hyperlink to download the attached documents
- The document itself might act as an article with all the factors itself, if not disallowed by robots.txt
- Keywords in h2, h3 tag
- Keywords in the domain name
- Internal pagelinks (such as in sidebars), anchor texts, their position in SERP
- Links from the social network other than Twitter and StumbleUpon
- Links and retweets on Twitter with that url
- Number of Stumbles in StumbleUpon
- Presence of the domain name in Google’s own directory
- Number of posts per day
- Number of clicks from Google search for that url and behavior
- Diversity of the External Link Sources towards the webpage
- Reliability of the External Link Sources towards the webpage
- Reliability of outgoing links
- The person, on whose name the domain is registered his / her online reputation
- Tag cloud
- Readability scores like Gunning-Fog Score, Flesch-Kincaid Reading Ease
- Text-image ratio (higher better)
- Text-Advertisements ratio (lower better)
- Some specific layout might play a role among the Search Engine Ranking Factors
- Page Speed is officially said among the Search Engine Ranking Factors
- W3C validation indirectly plays great role among the Search Engine Ranking Factors
- There might be some “poison words or phrases”
- White listed or not
- What are the activities / measures taken after showing errors in Google Webmaster tools
- Activity on Webmaster Tool and Analytics
As you can see these are only 40 probable points among the Search Engine Ranking Factors. There are 160 more. More difficult is how these Search Engine Ranking Factors are calculated.
One thing I can say, try to interact with Google Webmaster Tools as if it is your friend. When it will report any problem, immediately resolve it.
Do not think much about Search Engine Ranking Factors, just write honestly maintaining these probable 40 points as possible, your website will definitely do better in search result.
Follow the Author of this article :