The major differences between writing an article for offline print media publications and blog post are numerous.
Firstly, reading on computer screen is more difficult and fatigues the reader easily than a print media.
Secondly, unlike a magazine, your each blog post is going on a “virtual auction” on the search engine result page. It does not matter the first result whether contains less valuable or informational content, majority will click and read it. Only few will click the second, more few the third and very few the 100th result.
Thirdly, unlike print media, there are peoples who will copy your post, give a link to your site at the bottom and appear top of you in the search result. Practically we can not do anything with it.
Fourthly, to get the top result in search engine result page, you have to craft the titles, meta description rich with keywords for the search engines at the same time they should appeal the human reader to click the link. Thats too, within only 70 characters for the title and 160 for the meta description.
Finally, in online media, anyone can write, there is no chance of quality control either of the writer or the content.
Those points can be handled by mastering the methods of SEO. Though it varies with the intelligence, learning capability, wish to learn new things of the person, generally it takes about an year to master this tit-bits of SEO methods.
Quality of post matters : writing good blog posts
But, only writing a good meta description and good title can not make your blog immortal. Obviously, you need to write good blog posts. Here is some points checking which might help you to write a better quality post.
- How much useful information contains in your post when compared to the title meta description that offers to the visitor?
- Is it an unique idea? In 90% posts it will not. Some one might have written some thing like that. You need to be more careful for these type of posts. For example, many bloggers written these type of post you are reading right now.
- Have you structured your post with clear paragraphs, sub headings, bullets and numbers?
- Have you joked within few posts? “A day without laughter is a day wasted”. Obviously, it should be relevant and must not appear a pinching or insult.
- Try to appear the person living in the next neighborhood. It is not easy, your job has something to do with it. For example a Surgeon have to talk with different kind of persons everyday: from an injured criminal, police officers, lawyers, housewives to extremely deliberate to push a his brand kind of medical representatives. Obviously, he must appear a hard person in front some, extremely polite in front of others. Blog writing is somewhat like that. You may joke while writing codes to make the understanding easy, but must be serious while writing, say this type of post.
- Can you explain the thing? Look our tutorials to understand what we are saying.
- Have you used proper category, Tags etc to post it?
In general, this post is enough to understand the main points. Try to print it and read many times to understand it deeply.
Follow the Author of this article :