Why the name of the article is simple SEO tips reloaded?
We published various SEO tips : both for starters and advanced users. In this article, we will write some tips those are relatively easier to read and understandable for the starters, so these are simple SEO tips; reloaded, because there are individual posts on many of the points that we are going to discuss.
Let us start
One thing SEO experts constantly recommends is how we must change the design of a our website so they can be better indexed by search engines and appear in top search engine result pages.
The thing is that many of the things we write you should have done during the phase of Web development, before publishing the site. Many WordPress theme creators do not yet understand the basics of SEO. This leads to an error prone theme that is responsible for slow crawling by Google.
So, if you are going to publish a new website or blog; whether it is for your company or personal, using some kind of template for creating sites, a Content Management System (CMS) : (Like WordPress, Joomla), here are some things you should make sure they are done before the launch of the website. Following these guidelines will make web pages more friendly to search engines from the beginning.
- Perform a keyword research before developing the website or blog. SEO indeed starts with keywords. And if you are thinking of promotion of a site on search engines (which is the main source of traffic for blogs), you must know what keywords you want to rank for before you start building the site. Make sure this is done FIRST.Once this step is finished, the requirements of on-page SEO starts.
- Enlist your website in Google Webmaster Tools, Yahoo Site Explorer and Bing Webmaster Tools. Create your sitemap.xml and robots.txt file to make it easy for the search engines to index your site as quickly as possible. The use of these tools will give you essential information to improve our web sites:
- Search queries and its position.
- Errors of your site (Crawling errors, HTML errors like duplicate issue etc).
- Links to your site.
- keywords those are relevent for your website from Google’s point of view.
- Diagnostics (Like malware).
- HTML suggestions
- Page loading speed in site performance
- You will be able to see like a spider.
- Follow Google Analytics . It is essential to know if someone who visits us. Set alerts in Google Analytics in the name of the brand, product, etc. to know who is linking to you.
- Make sure your site has been indexed by Google, Bing and Yahoo by making a search with the domain name.
- If the website is about local business, that is it is related to a physical address, post a business in Google Places to have a beautiful flat in local searches. Put the phone number, email and postal address as text, not images.
Do not abuse Google local bussiness. That is, if you write personal blog, do not add in Locals. You might be penalized by Google.
- Create interesting content, unique and valuable to your users. If it is good for the user is good for Google too. And if it is good for Google; according to Wikipedia reference; in late 2010, Google accounts for 91% of global searches followed by Yahoo (4%) and Bing (3%), rest 2% is by others.
- Find or create links to your site from other sites of similar theme. Try to get enlisted in some major directories like DMOZ (free), Yellow Pages (free) and Yahoo directory (Not free).
- Follow the W3C Standards for HTML, CSS.
- Create a Facebook Fan page and a Twitter profile as a minimum and buttons for you to follow.
- Be patient and wait.
- If, despite all this advice, your website is not listed after a certain time (say three months), ask in Google Webmasters’ forum where is the wrong.
All these tools are free. Think well before paying for a service and calculate your cost : benefit ratio.