Every blogger wants visitors to spend more and more time on his blog. In this article we will discuss some nice ways you can increase the time an average visitor spends on your blog. We recommend using Google Analytics to track visitors behavior on your blog.
The more time visitors stay in your blog the higher the probability they will perform one or more desired actions: e-mail subscription, clicking RSS feed, viewing more pages, clicking advertisements or if you sell something, buying products. This is the conversion rate.
So, let’s review the 8 ways to increase the increase visitor stay time:
- Post only fresh, unique and interesting content. If you can maintain, people will invest more time reading the newer and older articles.
- Make your site more interesting by adding free content. The free content must be legal.
- Tutorial, troubleshooting articles can act as add on to main blog.
- Do not always link directly to another website, for example, if we want to point to Platinum SEO pack, we will direct to our old article about it, rather than pointing to the plugin page directly.
- Page speed is an important factor. We already discussed in multiple articles how you can speed up your blog. Leverage browser caching.
- Good navigation and overall a professional look is most desired.
- Post links to other articles you have written on the same subject.
- Post links to coupons that offer discounts on a related product.
Futuristic idea to Increase increase visitor stay time on your blog:
Incorporate browser cookie based or IP address based previous visitor recognition into your blog- ie: “Welcome back Dee!” and if possible show the re-visitor the articles they previously viewed on your blog.