WordPress supplies by default with some features those are enough to place the blog in search engines. Through the post on Understand and use trackbacks helped beginners a lot, a beginner is always have little to no knowledge of SEO.
The first thing we must clarify: the names are enough to make a novice user to think, these are something that boosts a website like a magic. Not really. They just help to add some meta description to individual posts (it is important, otherwise Google takes chunks of text automatically). Meta Keywords itself has little value now. Other things are described below.
All in One SEO WordPress Plugin
The All in One SEO Pack is a free alternative to wpSEO (not used that much now, but it is of historical importance). This plugin provides a package for the basics of SEO. With this plugin page title, description and keywords are automatically generated or manually set and optimized.
The text that you see in your browser’s window bar is the most important thing of your page. Make sure your titles are getting rewritten and the important stuff (your post titles) always come before anything else. You can leave a few words from your blog title to do some branding but do not overdo. If your post titles do not contain your most precious phrases you want to rank for then tweak them. Leave the post titles as it is but change the meta title.
Once your pages rank in search engines your description (aside of course from your title) makes a potential visitor want to click through, or not. It is the meta descriptions, believed by many people, that decide over your site’s fate. If you do not want to invest the time and write a description for every post at least let them be auto-generated (very bad idea comparison to manual method though). This vastly better than the usual “Share This … Posted on … under …” description that is often used or nothing used. The preferred source for your description post is your post excerpt. Use this when you want to tweak your description.
All in One SEO Pack can generate them from your categories (this was the old way of tagging your posts in WordPress) or from Ultimate Tag Warrior or, starting with WordPress 2.3, the built-in tagging system Using your categories is optional, the rest is auto-detected and used if there. Keywords itself has no value to Google now, but do not leave this field blank.
You can have “noindex” , “nofollow” for archive, category-and tag pages if you seem to have trouble with duplicate content.
Platinum SEO Pack
Have almost all features of All in One SEO Pack. Some extra features are being discussed here.
A nice feature is that redirect feature that recognizes and new permalinks from the old to the new permalinks passes via 303.
Features of Platinum SEO plugin:
- Optimized Post and Page Titles for search engines
- Generates all SEO relevant META tags automatically
- Helps you avoid duplicate content
- Lets you override any title and set any META description and META keywords, for any post or page
- Compatible with most other plugins, like Auto Meta, Ultimate Tag Warrior and others.However you may have to disable All in One SEO Pack
- You do not have to fear changing permalinks. If you are not satisfied with the current permalink, change it through Settings-> Permalinks in your admin panel, without worrying about loss of Page rank or google penalty.Platinum SEO plugin will take care of issuing a 301 redirect to the new location.This is a new essential feature, not present in All in One SEO
- Add index, noindex, follow or nofollow, noarchive, noodp, noydir meta tags to any post / page.These options are not available in All in One SEO Pack. noodp is useful for DMOZ listed sites and nodir for Yahoo! directory listed sites.
For us, Platinum SEO pack. But, definitely both plugins are equally good and effective. Content is the king and no one can beat you if you can write good unique articles.
Follow the Author of this article :