Optimizing URLs for SEO is an important part of your Google Search Engine Optimization Strategy.
Why we are thinking Optimizing URLs for SEO purpose?
We need to think for optimizing URLs for SEO purpose for better Google Search Engine Result positioning. Here is the importance of Optimizing URLs for SEO and to think it is an important part of your Google Search Engine Optimization Strategy.
How we can approach for Optimizing URLs for SEO purpose?
The most important feature of WordPress is, it saves the titles as URLs with spaces replaced by dashes : the most important part of Optimizing URLs for SEO is done in this way. However, we will mention more points for the advanced users.
- Except changing the default Permalink structure according to your need, for WordPress users optimizing the Titles will work as Optimizing URLs for SEO, except you might like to exclude the stop words by clicking the Edit button in your Writing panel.
- Previously, it was said a short URL works better for Optimizing URLs for SEO. It has been observed now, Google prefers a bit descriptive URLs. Do not exceed 70 characters.
- Use the Shortest way to a post for Optimizing URLs for SEO : domain name/Post title format works better than domain name/Category/Sub category/Sub-sub category/Post title
- Avoid using symbols other than dash for Optimizing URLs for SEO. Practically, it will be easier for you to fight duplicate content issue if you do not use the symbols.
- Use Keywords in URLs for Optimizing URLs for SEO purpose, but do not make them less attractive to human readers.
Follow the Author of this article :