Meta Description is very important part not only for Search Engine Optimization (SEO) but also for attracting visitors. Here is some tips on writing unique Meta Description for your blog posts.
Why we need good Meta Description for each post?
- Since Google search engine has the policy of removing duplicate content from its search results, it became necessary to provide a Meta Description totally different each time you write a post.
- Your Search engine visitors will see this Meta Description while searching with a keyword.
- Your blog post’s search engine result page ranking is dependent on Meta Description and its keyword density. You can read our previous post on Meta Description too.
- Google do not like short Meta Description, you can see in your Google Webmaster Tools that it is a parameter of reporting.
How Bloggers blog or free WordPress performs without Meta Description?
In both cases, as there is no Meta Description for each post, Google takes either the Meta Description of home or take chunk of text from the post as per their algorithm. Obviously, these Meta Description can not compete with the top keywords.
Tips for writing unique Meta Description
Here are some tips that will help bloggers for writing Meta Description:
- Adopt a different editorial tone, sometimes strict, sometimes more fun while writing your Meta Description.
- Your Meta Description should be just a summary of your Post and elaboration of the title.
- Give importance to Keywords in Meta Description but do not make it sounding like a machine generated text.
- Use the rule of 5 W while writing Meta Description.
- Use synonyms.
- Do not try to cheat in Meta Description. If you offer Windows 8 Download in Meta Description, you have to provide it. Otherwise bounce rate will increase.
- Do not use content spinner to create text.
- Google has developed an algorithm so that it will quickly understand that this is not a relevant Meta Description.
- Write the Title first, then the Meta Description, then the post. Revise the Meta Description again after writing your post.
- Apart from Google’s penalization, a simillar sounding Meta Description of 3-4 posts looks bad when the archives are viewed!
Follow the Author of this article :