Guest Posting and Spam Articles can mark your nice blog as spam harvesting website despite you have a good blog. Beware of outgoing links from these articles. This is can happen with any website or blog, even with few hundred solid authoritative backlinks. This article explains how to get rid of these disturbances and who are these guests.
Is Guest Posting bad ?
Is it your blog or someone others or rather you are thinking to make it a content farm filled with content spinner generated articles ? If you have hands and time, it is hundred times better to write articles yourself rather than depending on any others’ article.
If you do not have time, that implies you are not much dependent on your blog’s earnings. So there is no need to think much about Guest Posting to keep it updated. Money without effort is always a dream never to be fulfilled. You can suck a lollipop and ice cream at the same time.
Which Guest Posting can be accepted and who are those persons who send us Guest Posting requests ?
Guest Posting from a person you personally know or the person is known to be an expert of the field or you have requested for a Guest Posting to some expert.
Usually, Guest Posting requests come from some person associated with any SEO farm or run such a smaller service. As they quite obviously know that most good websites or blogs actually robots out the comment section, they do not use that way. May be the ‘quality’ of these Guest Posting spammers are better than comment spammers.
Signs of a typical Guest Posting spammer :
You can yourself point out these Guest Posting spammers after getting few hundreds of such Guest Posting requests, however these are for the new victims –
- The subject definitely will be a descriptive containing the word Guest Post, do not ask for explanation – we noted it as a typical sign.
- Almost 80% will say your blog is excellent and he/she really finding such website since a long time.
- Give you warranty about unique content, they mostly use content spinner plus do a manual correction. Beware, some Guest Posting spammers can directly copy paste from foreign non English established blogs using Google translator. It happened with us, that website owner was very polite otherwise he would file a DMCA against us. We had to change the full content on the same topic and replace it with that Guest Posting, its impossible to find such duplicity yourself unless that original website owner sends you a fiery email.
- They will always ask for dofollow link, its quite hard to do a research on that website’s past and present karma (i.e. Google is hating it or not).
- You will notice Adverts like “Get 100 PR5 backlinks at $100.00”, this is how these Guest Posting spammers collects the sure shot never will be removed backlinks.
- The name of the Guest Posting author is usually fake, do a search with the name and email. Usually no valid personal website’s link is given.
- If you have advanced tools, you can fetch accurately how this Guest Posting spammers came to your website. We have Google Urchin and other pro tools, this is one example :
The Guest Posting spammer was searching with contact us in Google image search and reached our contact us form.
How Guest Posting Spam Articles Can Make Google Panda Awaken
There are two ways to give backlinks to bad websites from your website, which is a proven factor for getting the Panda’s red eye :
- The linked domain is directly penalized by Google.
- Apparently the linked website is a newer website, looks innocent. Do not worry, after few months, that website will be 301 redirected to a bad domain.
There is a separate entity of “work”, they buy in text link for business websites. One link usually will give you $ 70 to $ 200 for a year, depending upon your niche and traffic. They will never request you for Guest Posting, as they are serving dual purpose – an advert plus a backlink.
For these Guest Posting spammers, the easiest way to filter is using a Guest Posting Guideline like page, like our Guest Posting Guideline.
Follow the Author of this article :