Google Free Website for Indian SMEs from the starting had features to failed. Google fails rarely. This failure is due to unusual substandard adaptation to provide a brainstorming idea. Over 5 months in Online business is enough to mark Google Free Website for Indian SMEs named India Get Your Business Online Google-led program is not only a failure but also what any Entrepreneur should never do.
Approach of Google Free Website for Indian SMEs was wrong
If someone have never tested a very costly champagne but use to get drunk consuming country liquor worth few cents every evening, no one can make the person that, champagne is not to get drunk. It is of a separate genre and its history, culture, consumers all are different.
Let us point out why Google Free Website for Indian SMEs is a failure and will never succeed.
Wrongs about Google Free Website for Indian SMEs
- Raju Painter will get a new website sounds great, but its matter of fact Raju Painter will never understand what Darren Rowse or Brian Clark has done. It can not be ‘taught’.
- A serious Business if wants to get online will use a reliable webhost (Rackspace starts at around 12 USD, Amazon closer) and a TLD. No one will ask for business details, PAN ID or others.
- The design of the website indiagetonline.in probably matches more with a small handicraft website or a amateur’s blog. It lacks professionalism which is a hallmark of Google.
- Hostgator is famous (or infamous) for affiliate driven web hosting business, combination of Hostgator with their dino looking logo, Google and Standard Chartered looks very odd.
- The whole website has 404 error links, no Template Gallery thumbnail gets bigger on click. Footer is not well organized, if someone finds it through search, probably will be thoughtful whether it is a cheater’s website or really a Google’s initiative.
- Terms & Conditions will make anyone thoughtful.
- Compare the website with Google AdWords India, is there a smallest resemblance with Google’s professionalism?
- Cost factor – After a year, yearly cost will be around USD 60/year with 20% off + tax.
- This is CMS era : WordPress, Joomla and Magento are The Standard.
- I do not want to comment about Showcase websites.
Right about Google Free Website for Indian SMEs
- Google’s SERP and Alexa Rank magic.
- The idea was not so bad. The execution is wrong.
“Will you open a shop? Free for one year” – in real life it sounds unrealistic and the target audience is probably more used with real life shops.