WordPress Cloud Backup Plugin is an under development plugin, by feature it will be most advanced to backup in any advanced WordPress Installation on any Cloud. Yes, unlike falsely claimed as most advanced premium backup plugins, WordPress Cloud Backup Plugin will be under GPL and Free. We published before that we are working on a backup plugin, in fact we submitted one Plugin to WordPress repo, it was just a script. So, please add your needed feature using the poll option or add your opinion so that the finishing of WordPress Cloud Backup Plugin can be done nicely.
WordPress Cloud Backup Plugin : Current Scenario
The major problem right now in 2012 is that, WordPress is the most used CMS and the developers has practically no knowledge about Cloud Computing environments. We wrote that there is no practical CDN plugin for WordPress which is stand alone and supports both origin, push and pull.
There is no solid WordPress Cloud Backup Plugin that can work with all advanced Cloud Computing platform with load balancers – be it managed Rackspace Cloud Server Setup or Amazon’s.
With GPL License inside, shamelessly copying the codes from GitHub, there are 2-3 “premium” plugins for backup as well. Copying because simply only for Rackspace Cloud Files, there is only one PHP code based on their API, dev guides, which works. Even some deleted the comments in php files.
In contrast to WordPress Cloud Backup Plugin prototypes, we actually have very advanced free Cache Plugins – WP Super Cache and W3 Total Cache both are quite advanced and fully free.
WordPress Cloud Backup Plugin is just a name not the End Product’s name
WordPress does not allow to use the word “WordPress” for Plugin’s nomenclature. Their view is clear – promote yourself, not WordPress. We named it as WordPress Cloud Backup Plugin project, obviously the final name will be different. Moreover, the phrase WordPress Cloud Backup Plugin is catchy to get input !
WordPress Cloud Backup Plugin : Give your Feedback in the name of Richard Stallman !
Currently WordPress Cloud Backup dev version has following features. If you want to add any feature, our developers will be happy.
- Can be installed separately on different database like an Cloud based SaaS
- Can be installed within WordPress as a Plugin
- Native support for Rackspace Cloud and Amazon, will support (standalone version) Private Cloud based configuration too where OpenCloud is used.
- No need of root access rights
- Manual backup plus automated backup if there is new post is published – WordPress Cloud Backup Plugin will save your compute cycles
- WordPress Cloud Backup can be integrated with ownCloud in future
- Database plus FTP backup plus all usual features
- Support for almost all major online Free and Paid Cloud Backup services
- Backup generated by WordPress Cloud Backup Plugin are encrypted and automatically password protected to prevent hackers guessing setup
- Can create a new server (using API) and offload the backup optionally, supporting only Rackspace at this moment.
- Can schedule cron job.
- Can run on weak server with logical pause of current job if there is excess load.
- Separate light Apps for iOS, Android (for standalone version only) for click and backup or restore function.
- Works for Apache and nginx server softwares
So here is a small work for you for this WordPress Cloud Backup Plugin :
To be Beta Tester for WordPress Cloud Backup Plugin, you need any Cloud Based Storage account. Free Dropbox will work fine.
Follow the Author of this article :