Installing PrestaShop on Rackspace Cloud Server with Step by Step Commands will aid any level of user to setup PrestaShop without any trouble. Simple run them. Although the initial request was from an YouTube subscriber, actually we prefer to write a text based guide first, then we create a video guide. This actually gives lot of other options, tricks to the new users. So, for Installing PrestaShop on Rackspace Cloud Server; this is actually a text guide mainly focusing on the commands. Definitely, the important screen shots are either shown here or given some reference.
Installing PrestaShop on Rackspace Cloud Server : Must Need To Know Points
We actually have another guide on Installing Prestashop, but not on Cloud Server but Cloud Sites. What you need to know are :
- We will be showing this guide for Rackspace Cloud Unmanaged Server, for Managed Server there is actually no need to do it yourself.
- Second is that, it is a typical one server, Apache2.2 based installation. If you want a scalable cloud, you have to configure it yourself first and work on the main server.
- We will not be using any web control panel like cPanel, because for one server-website combination there is no practical need of using any paid web control panel.
- Forth thing is, the adding domain is written in other guide. Please follow this guide after you have installed your configuration for adding your domain name.
- Fifth point is that; we have written for UNIX or UNIX like OS users (OS X or Linux or BSD) taking that you have a Terminal. In case you want to use Windows PC, you need to use the SSH/Telnet client named PuTTY.
Installing PrestaShop on Rackspace Cloud Server : Watch Other Videos For the Initial Part
It is very practical thing that, the initial steps of set of a server will be the same; you can watch any videos, at least still we have no video specifically is available; its actually a matter of few days – For example this video (watch in HD) will at least give some idea for Installing PrestaShop on Rackspace Cloud Server ; up to 04:00 there is actually no difference, in case you will also use Debian :
Installing PrestaShop on Rackspace Cloud Server : Step by Step Commands
After creation of the server, login in to the server from Terminal (you will get the required command at the right side on Rackspace Cloud Server creation webpage, watch the above video). We will be using an Ubuntu 12.04 LTS image for easily installing LAMP server.
First Update it :
sudo apt-get update
Then upgrade (if needed) :
sudo apt-get upgrade
With one command you can install all the required softwares on server side except PHPMyAdmin :
sudo apt-get install lamp-server^
The caret beside the server is not a typographical error. You can install in alternative way as well :
sudo apt-get install tasksel
select LAMP Server :
Restart Apache :
sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
Install PHPMyAdmin :
sudo apt-get install phpmyadmin
Go to PHPMyAdmin on Browser at :
Create a Database.
Now, change directory to :
Delete the default Apache’s html file :
You can run ls command to check if there is any file. There should not be. So we need to wget PrestaShop here. But the problem is, PrestaShop tries to trick out wget. Just find the latest version number and replace with this one’s version :
If unzip is not installed; it will throw error. Install it :
sudo apt-get install unzip
Remove the zip file :
After this step, there is practically no need to use Command Line, you can login to FTP (using software like FileZilla) and go to /var/www/. You will see the folder named prestashop_126.96.36.199 (or like that). Move all the contents of that folder to /var/www i.e. one step up at root of publicly available folder. chmod the files and folders as mentioned and point the web installer to complete installing PrestaShop :
The last steps are like Installing Prestashop on Rackspace Cloud Sites . We actually made the whole process easier, people for unknown reason do not use FTP with CLI in tutorials. This is all about Installing PrestaShop on Rackspace Cloud Server, you can wait for the video guide if you can afford that waiting period.
Follow the Author of this article :