WordPress Post to downloadable PDF, Text has many points to consider when we will think about the usability, SEO, HTML5 and Schema.org markups. Unfortunately, there is not even a single free plugin that satisfies all the criteria at least at the time of publishing this post. There is a good paid WordPress Post to downloadable PDF file plugin but that has shortcomings too.
WordPress Post to Downloadable PDF : Things To Consider
There are several points, which we should consider while thinking about an ideal WordPress Post to downloadable PDF file plugin :
- Most of us are using HTML5 Themes now, the plugins should be compatible as HTML5 has several extra advantages by default over Transitional, which was probably most commonly used.
- All possibly are using a responsive design now.
- There must not be any Ads inside the prompt window. There is a kind of malicious plugin named Print Friendly and PDF Button, it pulls their AdSense Ads. Avoid it or test on test website first.
- There should be good schema.org markups for embedded download.
- There should be at least existing PHP function to add the link or button anywhere within the post or outside it.
- There might be opt out option.
- Custom addition of logo, stripping out CSS, adding watermark are great to have options.
- In the same way, a small payment can be asked – at least the option should be there.
- Uploading to CDN is a great option.
WordPress Post to Downloadable PDF, Text : Practical Options
Practical options for adding WordPress Post to Downloadable PDF plugin is limited. Really limited, hardly 3-4 criteria can be met. Its impossible to hand code and upload the PDF files – may be you can think for your next blog.
- WP Post to PDF : The good thing about the plugin is that, the Plugin author has an existing support. Only point 1-3 and 5 are met. Still its a good and possibly the best plugin.
- PDF24 Article To PDF : Almost like the above just the opt out option is present.
- Hacklog Down As PDF : A bit less featured compared to the above two.
Unfortunately the list is so small. Still, they need to be customized to fulfill all the points we want, that is a different topic but may be you can think about Text output only. It should be easy as our Print CSS basically directs what to print. It gets difficult when we use web fonts – you will end up with a white page in front end or style that you probably do not want to see. We do not unfortunately can not recommend text option for various WordPress specific problems.
Follow the Author of this article :