Comprehensive cloud security strategy in brief describes the key points of a perfect approach for cloud computing security. Written in plain simple English for increasing consciousness about security and privacy. The key points of a cloud security approach are :
- The protection of infrastructure
- The protection of data
- Secure authentication and user authentication (Identity Management)
- The protection of terminals or end devices
If you still do not understand the things we wrote as introduction in this comprehensive cloud security strategy guide, no problem, we have broken down in to small targeted paragraphs.
Comprehensive Cloud Security Strategy for the Beginners
First, you need not to know very much to get more confused with phrases like Comprehensive Cloud Security Strategy. Take it as if it is a part of your Internet security, may be computer’s security. Most starts reading and end up asking very basic question. Ultimate learning process ends. We will only advice you to read few three things – How to Make Cloud Computing Secure, Cloud Computing and Handling of Confidentiality of Personal Data, Risks of Free Public Cloud that you are using.
There are users who do not understand the meaning of the phrase – Cloud Computing. Cloud has no literal meaning, its an odd addition. Your logic – refrigerator is a device that freezes thing will not work. Like the fact that not only chickens do not spread chicken pox, but they themselves are immune to the disease. For them, we will advice just to watch a video – What is Cloud Computing in Video Tour.
Comprehensive Cloud Security Strategy for a bit Advanced Users
A cloud computing environment is characterized by the decoupling of IT resources of the physical infrastructure, where virtualization is the keyword. Virtual machines with operating systems, applications and data can be almost floating in a cloud infrastructure back and forth – in the cloud or between private and public clouds. In terms of security, this means that IT security functions have to provide as flexible as possible plus best by quality also.
In the form of VMs In this case, for example, anti-virus and access control programs are implemented as virtual security appliances on the respective hosts. To protect the infrastructure, i.e. hypervisor, management of server and application programming interfaces (API). Solutions like Symantec Protection Suite and VMware Shield, Intel’s ESG can help a lot. With the Intel Expressway Service Gateway, an administrator can monitor and manage cloud APIs. It is important that can be centralized security and management tasks, such as patching, making backups, to implement security rules and automate the configuration management. When they are moved. This also applies to the exchange of a workload from a private to a public or hybrid cloud.
The difference in quality of Amazon, Rackspace like leaders with just a company providing a hosting service (like VPS.net, not to insult them, its fact, that is why the pricing differs for managed levels) :
- A team of well educated engineers are always monitoring them, this alone cost a huge
- Their physical hardware setup is fully hot swappable, some even have as high configuration machine like enterprise data centers with hot swappable RAMs
- They have data centers across the globe, they easily can move and point to a full another cloud in emergency – they backup all at almost each hour
- The Networking, IP, ISP, DNS – all are their own
- They have own huge stock of replacement hardwares – like a huge computer shop, fail to replacement is like prescribing an injection in a good hospital
- Top notch physical security
Tagged With cloud security strategy