Create stunning photography website at fraction of cost by using Twitter Bootstrap powered Templates and hosting on Rackspace Cloud Files which is a CDN. What is the cost of Rackspace Cloud Files ? Around $1.00 per month. We are taking that you are a fully newbie and has almost zero knowledge about anything. There is another guide, where you will get the kind of same thing, fully free of cost – because of using free Dropbox Cloud. You can read that guide if you want. It is quite obvious that, Rackspace Cloud Files will perform better, the backend is of Akamai.
Basic Ingredients to Create stunning photography website
Actually, the things you will need are written all over this website. Still we are listing them. You can type them in search box on this website and get more guides and tutorials on them :
- Any good looking HTML Template. Now Bootstrap or Bootstrap based Templates are usually used.
- Coda or any Text Editor
- Cyber Duck like software
- Minimum knowledge of what you are doing
- A Rackspace Cloud Account
Steps to to Create stunning photography website
We kept the URL naked. You can actually use the CNAME and change to a good sub-domain. In case you want the domain to be loaded, you actually have to use .htacess to dispose the content.
So the steps are :
- Finding a good Bootstrap template or hiring a designer
- Editing the HTML codes
- Adding Pictures, content etcetera
- Creating a container on Rackspace Cloud Files
- Making the Container Public
- Adding CNAME if you want
- Make it more complex if you want
Actually the content are served from edge servers, geographically and are cookie-less. You can run a webpage speed test – without any optimization its loading within 2.8 seconds.