Data Security in 15 Steps describes to ensure protection of company or individual’s data, which one must re-adjust while handling digital information on Cloud. We write more about the security and privacy part, because mere reading or following the video instructions, video tutorials can never provide security of data. Data Security increasingly gaining more corporate value. This increases the weight of the personnels maintaining security and calculating the risk management part. Analysts pointed some trends, which we made easy to be understandable to all the readers.
Data Security in 10 Steps : Introduction
Because companies need to protect their data from the hackers, who becoming getting better skilled and organized as gangs, it is prudent to move the data itself at the datacenter. It is not about the view of the network or the device. Companies need a data-centric culture. Much is said about the ways to predict customer behavior with Analytics or discover new business opportunities. Forrester says that Analytics will also help to foresee risks and identify security vulnerabilities.The loss of client data can have a major impact on a company’s image and thus it needs to give a bigger value. Therefore it is a need to pay S & R chiefs who work together with marketing. Just as a company needs a datacenter, it adds some extra risks. The classification of operating risks, information risks, availability, disaster recovery and information on other areas is useful for everyday work, companies still need to develop an integrated view of risk management.
Data Security in 10 Steps
The trends and challenges that affect our work out of lack of security, take these 10 points as very elementary way for Data Security. Specifically, these are:
- Think about ways of measuring success : Before a problem arises, it is better to think as the result of the after-work is difficult to measure. Usually questions relating to the number of patches malwares are enough to evaluate the consciousness. If one can not answer these questions, the best security tools are useless. In terms of security tools, analysts expect that increasingly intelligent security software are yet to enter the market.
- File sharing and collaboration : The debate about the protection of intellectual property of company can pay closer attention to how their employees can handle the sensitive information. At worst and that is not uncommon, employees carry around data on various mobile devices. Since the company within the department and cross-functional collaboration is increasingly is in demand, it also increases the risk of data misuse or loss.
- Data encryption and mobile device management : This point is derived from various aspects, such as from the growing popularity of laptop and Tablet PC compared to the classical trend. It is important for the managers to store more and more data on mobile devices, you have to worry about these devices and think about to encrypt data.
- Traditional antivirus solutions can not win : In the race against hackers security providers, the provider will always run behind. It is not enough to win against the latest versions of malwares. To protect the company additional security managers should regularly look at the application landscape.
- Manual Checking : Apart from automated backups, it is important to have manual backup and most importantly, backups should be checked whether they are working or not.
- Draw conclusions from the analysis of the data : If it is possible, from the way in which an end-user deals with data, create profiles. Suddenly one user profile can be an indication of risk. Forrester recommends tools that monitors this process and intervene if necessary.
- Knowledge of threats is growing : Cyber crime has found its place in the media, the security vendors report new threats. However, this does not necessarily mean that decision-makers and users are competent in dealing with real dangers. So who needs to ensure enterprise security, can really only do one thing: adjust technically savvy employees. And hope that security provider always offer better tools.
- Network and security teams must move together : Earlier they work together, it is better. The object of the security experts, for example, the development of a policy. The network team then ensures their implementation.
- Put people at the center : The best security tools fail if the user does not apply it, it is well known. It is not enough to offer another and another awareness training. Rather, the analysts argue for a cultural change that makes every employee clearly how valuable a company’s data is.
- User authentication : Forrester considers authentication as an indispensable measure. Analysts warn not to lose sight of the user.Tools for authentication must integrate well into the back-end.
Follow the Author of this article :