Dreamscene has been taken out from Windows 7 . So, in contrast to Windows Vista Ultimate and Home Premium there is no Dreamscene feature.Those who does not know, what is dreamscene, for them, its practically a wmv format video that can be set as “running” background.I and many people was somewhat disappointed for the fact, that dreamscene has been taken out from Windows 7 (I was Vista Ultimate user before). Many of them had downloaded and purchased nice dreamscenes.Now, I will guide you, how you can have this feature on Windows 7 too (unofficially, but this method has been taken as right answer in Microsoft Answers forum).As a rule of thumb, take a backup and set a system restore point, as we are going to play with system files.I am going to guide you how to enable dreamscene in Windows 7 64 bit, because, this machine I am using is running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. See the 32 bit tutorial after this 64 bit tutorial.1. Firstly, you have to download the rar file.
2. Now, Unzip it. You will 4 files inside it get like this:
3. Open the “Important Readme” text file and read it.
4. Copy and Paste
DreamScene.dll to %windir% \ system32
5. It may give security alert, click continue…
6. Now, Copy and Paste
DreamScene.dll.mui to %windir% \ system32 \ en-US
7. Run Dscene.reg
It will invoke prompt window like this:
9. You must have some DreamScene video downloaded before hand (Sorry! I forgot to tell you before). I assume, you have some already:
10. Right click like above screenshot. Select “Set as Desktop Background”
You can pause the Dreamscene by right clicking over the desktop and by selecting “Pause DreamScene”.
12. To change it back to regular image or wallpaper, right clicking over the desktop and select Personalize. Select the Theme you are using, go to wallpaper (bottom of the Window), change it. You can see the wallpaper section and Theme section if you are having difficulty.
Dream Scene for Windows 7 (For 32 bit)
It uses an installer file (.exe) ; just download this rar file , extract it and follow the instructions and you will able to install Dream Scene for 32 bit too.
The major benefit of this program over the method used for 64 bit is that, you can uninstall the program at any time.
1. Any wmv format video will work as dreamscene, if it match with your screen resolution. The sound will be disabled.
2. You can make nice Photo; Video “punch” for parties, birthday or any celebration by using Windows Live Movie Maker.
FAQ from our previous website:
1. A regular visitor user has reported us, that the 32 bit tweak, which was posted before, had bugs.
We are showing you another known method for 32 bit to activate the DreamScene. Hope you will enjoy it!
2. A little reader has asked me where to get Dreamscenes and if I can make a Gallery.
Use the Search Engine! You will get lots of DreamScenes. Additionally, two sites are mentioned in the “readme” file inside the zipped download.
Thank you, keep giving the feedback.
3. Another user, needed explanation for “where to paste” in case of 64 bit:
We have edited the path to make it more easy for everyone. Also, please follow the screenshots.