Buy a less noisy PC
The reasons for having a quiet computer is obvious, but you must understand that a silent PC performance inevitably will be diminished. Indeed, a powerful component heats up early and therefore need a more consistent cooling.
We can therefore say that more a PC is more powerful, more noisy it will be. The main cause is noise generated by the cooling fans.
It is not always true. There is liquid cooling systems which are silent and allow to cool its components optimally. The disadvantage is that this type of installation is very expensive. We have written about overheating and its control before, you be interested to read it as well.
But if you want a PC for office use, there are totally silent PC. Some netbooks like the Dell Mini are silent by default. For this it is necessary to have a configuration like the following:
- Having an SSD that works as a flash memory. So there is no noise because there is no tray rotation. The problem is that space is very limited.
- No fans.
- An optimum air circulation (the only way to cool the computer).
- Have good amount of RAM. In case the computer is short by memory, it spins the hard disk faster to use the virtual memory. Other than direct sound arising out of it, the hard disk gets overheated soon and the fans rotates faster to cool it and creates noise.
Making a quieter PCAdvertisement
There are various techniques to make a silent computer. Here are a few:
- Use a box that will contain the vibration and noise produced by the hard disk.
- Use a water cooling system.
- Clean the fans (dust can create a stacked noise increased).
- Use silent fans (you can install them).
Another technique is to open the tower and cover the walls of foam or a material that does not let the sound. The disadvantage is that your computer may become warm very fast.
Another solution is to keep your PC away by buying extension cords.
- There are computers sold in the market that do not emit any noise, but are particularly inefficient.
- Water cooling is a technique that allows your PC to cool efficiently and in silence (sometimes the pump can be noisy).
- Clean your fans and set the speed of rotation.