Do you know that it is possible to insert a space in your username and password to login in to your Windows 7 user account. A simple way to secure access to your computer. Have you thought of this possibility so far? No, your answer gives you a negative view of the strength of this tip. By definition, a password is a string and a space is a character is not considered by most people. Tested under Windows 7.
Other tricks are well known:
- Using capitalization for some letters
- Using numbers or digits
- Not using your birthday, your or your’s fiancÃ©’s name (or part of name), pet’s name, street address, car’s registration number (which is on the number plate: lot of people uses it as password!)
- Do not use favorite food, place’s name
- You can use machine generated random passwords. Searching with “free online random password” will give you lot of such website’s link ; they all are free.
- A random password is very easy to forget, so you have to write it down and keep it in some secure place. Do not write the exact password, add some arbitrary (yet defined by your own logic) at some places. Example will make it clear. Suppose, you created a password 45aeNnO0 ; now, you can add 098 (this is example only) before the password’s first letter, 321 (again an example, note the logic) and a 5F after the forth letter of the real password. So, your “encrypted” version of password become: 09845ae5FNnO0321 .
- Not all system takes signs (@, #, $ etc) ; they make passwords more difficult to guess.
- Use password atleast more than 8 letters.
- Do not use same password everywhere.
- Do not allow browser to store password for sites which are important for your work, job, security.
- Reset passwords every 3-6 months for the sites, accounts which are important.
thanks for your help. I have tried this method. I also found another useful way, to use Windows Login Recovery tool can also achieve this. You can also have a try.
Thanks for the good writeup. It in reality was once a amusement account it. Look advanced to far brought agreeable from you! However, how can we communicate?