Is it possible to improve the blog for both users and search engines. We had already given advice through 107 articles for doing the best you can, here are 25 points that reflect the two types of constraints: usability for visitors and SEO.
These 25 tips for optimizing a blog is a simple summary of the articles for both the readers and search engines :
- Do not use the default template provided with your blogging platform. Pay a designer if necessary but have a custom design.
- Carefully choose the color scheme, it should be in line with your theme of writing.
- Submit your feed, it is essential for success.
- Highlight the feed! Simplify your subscription to RSS or Atom with buttons.
- Let give option those who wish to receive your items by email. Everyone is not yet accustomed to the RSS feed.
- Choose whether you publish all of your articles in your feed, or just an excerpt. Put any advertising in the full version. But be careful if you leave the whole, those who republish your articles you could create duplicate content issue.
- Write carefully the teaser line, which is included in your feed. It is to inspire readers to learn more and go on your site to see and read more.
- Give attention to the presentation so that your article is readable.
- Correct your spellings.
- Use a readable font.
- Browse through the rest of your site, include test links to your latest articles, downloads etc.
- Make sure you have a site that loads quickly.
- The widgets are great but pay attention to the overdose!
- Create titles that accurately describe the content of your article, while giving the desire to read.
- Clean your code so you do not have a page full of HTML and CSS: put them in an external CSS file.
- Publish articles regularly.
- Make links! Do not be stingy with links to other sites dealing with the same subject.
- Optimize your text links: whether for internal or external links, include keywords in your links.
- Write articles with unique content (thus better than we do with it!).
- Use a plugin that makes links between your posts of your blog.
- Ping regularly ( pings to Google , Ping-o-Matic or others).
- Buy a domain name , do not stay in an area supplied by the blog platform.
- Manage trackbacks and check comments to remove spam.
- Optimize your URLs
- Organize your categories properly. Find the compromise between accuracy and number of categories.
Thank you for all your wonderful tips. Among other changes I made based on your articles, you have helped me cut the load time in half of my meager blog!
You are welcome Mrs. Corrine.
It is nice to hear my tips has helped you in someway for optimizing your blog.
Your “meager blog” has enough useful content to make the readers and Google happy.