Have you have created your own website? or you want to increase your popularity by increasing your backlinks? or you simply want to increase your visibility on the Internet? then begin to build effective linking strategy.
Here are 45 techniques for your link building strategy. This article is structured on 6 themes those are very important for a good link building strategy:
- Six strategies to improve internal linking
- Nine tips to optimize your strategy for existing linking
- Twelve old school linking techniques
- Eight places to submit your URLs
- Ten ways to speak on the Internet
- Four important considerations
6 strategies to improve your internal linking
- In content-link not only helps to improve the (click through rate) CTR of the links but also to improve the relevance of links through the content they are around the link which distributes more semantics to the landing page. We previously discussed about how to create a search engine friendly optimized structure for your website.
- Use a sitemap page. This is useful for the user, for engines and also for you.
- Create links to the pages most relevant.
- If you have duplicate content on your site, select a single structure and use the url to your links.
- Identify your most linked pages and make sure that the link juice transmits to your most important pages.
9 tips to optimize your strategy for existing linking
- Optimize your linking today. You can contact the webmasters of the most important websites you made links with and ask them to replace “click here” with keywords important to your business or calls to action (or ideally both).
- Manage your 404 errors. To do this, use the data from webmaster tools and contact sites that links to deleted pages and give their best to urls which make connections. Here’s how to use a 404 for quality backlinks.
- Create a page to link your website by others where you can explain how to link to your site with the html code and to use the logo, the anchor-text; refresh this page regularly to diversify the semantics located in the anchor-texts.
- Ask your family, friends, colleagues to visit the site and get feedback on your site. Some of whom have websites you can make new links too.
- If you have blocked certain pages using a robots.txt file or the tag “noindex” make sure that no one link to these pages.
- Use a spell checker by creating your urls because people tend to make links to urls with good spellings.
- Search on Internet websites (by search with full url of your website in Google) that have mentioned your company or your name without making a link and ask them to make one.
- Post relevant comments on the blogs you visit.
- If you or your company has multiple sites, made an intelligent linking between these areas or important pages then redirect to your main domain.
12 old school linking techniques
- Look on the web sites related to your website by initiating research on engines with your main keywords
- Make a list of those sites that links to competitors and trying to negotiate the links to your
- Make a list of sites that links to other sites offering the same product as yours but in other countries and try to negotiate a link to yours.
- Post an interview with an expert on your site or your interview made by others. Remember to talk about your most relevant content.
- If you are using advertising program try to convert the targeted traffic to the linkings
- Enable the content network of Google to scan sites that generate huge traffic. Once done, please contact those sites directly to request a hard link.
- Identify sites that have links to your site in the past and contact them to mark the addition of a new relevant content.
- Exchange or purchase links. There is nothing wrong with exchanging links with some very relevant sites. By cons, exchange links with many irrelevant sites can be harmful and should be counted as last method to survive.
8 places to submit your URLs
- Social media can help you promote your content
- Make sure you submit your site in the big directories
- Good thematic directories can be well regarded by search engines
- Do not forget to submit your site in the biggest local directories, especially when your site targets a specific region or locality
- Post relevant comments, not spammy, inYahoo Answers and Google group. These links usually contain a nofollow attribute.
- Post your RSS feed into the major feed aggregators
- Register your blog in the biggest blog directories
- Publish your press releases at sites with high traffic. Do not forget to put one or more clickable links to your site
10 ways to speak on the Internet
- Offer free services on your site. tools, ebook, books, whitebooks
- Publish studies, top 10, top 100, best practices etc.
- Make links to other sites. If your links are relevant to the authors of these sites you can get in return
- If you have breaking news, use the scoop sites and news blogs to publish them as quickly as possible for you to be recognized as originating scoop.
- Publish articles those are revolutionary, shocking, stupid, weird or flattering. People tend to make links to unusual items
- Create a funny design for About us page (if your platform allows). This may be considered as your business card. This may be sufficient for external links.
- launch a special offline campaign. if done well, people will talk on-line. Views will receive links in articles thus joining the off-line to on-line.
- Launch a contest on your site with gifts to the winners. This will not only attract attention to your site but also to get backlinks. Give things with monetary value. Softwares are worst giveaway for a tech related site, offer hardware.
- Write about plugins or offer free tools to users
- Participate in conferences, trade shows or seminars. This will allow you to meet many interesting people and talk to you and your site
4 Important considerations
- Uses an expert in link building strategies after you have made thousands of pages. Indeed, a strategy of linking needs time and investment to be successful. Moreover, a look from outside to your linking strategy can be very beneficial. Most SEO experts seeks other friend’s advice for their own site.
- Link building strategy must be maintained over time. It needs to be well thought out and followed over a long period
- Follow the news sites and blogs to bring up the to date news that your site deals with. Subscribe to competitor website’s RSS. When you see a new interesting article they have published, immediately write of that in your own language, with more volume and keywords. It works. We do it and it often gets better rank than our competitor websites that article. Do not overuse this power.
- When you you saw some techniques found on the web, ask yourself this question: “Is this a legitimate approach?” Matt Cuts of Google once said that, do not do things that you can not say to your mother!