We are getting some bits of news that Microsoft is distributing OEM copy to its partners via Microsoft Connect. It is hard to say whether it is real news or not. Until and unless we are getting a copy in hand and examining it; we can not say it is a true news.
Almost all top blog sites are referencing each and other. We personally think it is a rumor; because:
- It is said that Microsoft is giving Windows 8 for testing to HP. The question is, if Microsoft does so, why it will use Microsoft Connect to distribute, is not it? Connect is for all OEM : small to big. We know very well the history of good relationship of HP with Microsoft.
- Well, we are taking that, Microsoft distributed Windows 8 to HP as OEM partner is a genuine news. As far we know, Microsoft uses HP and Dell make machines to test their products. Then why Connect channel?
- Microsoft learned a big from Beta of Windows 7. They will try to involve the users more than ever; in that case we will get official news sooner or later.
- Screenshots can be easily be doctored in Adobe Photoshop. Frankly, we can create more better and clean “falsified” screenshots. Do you remember the doctored screenshots of Windows 7?
- It is too early to start anything for Windows 8 right now. Windows 7 is still seems to be newer to an average user.
- How it is possible that only a Chinese website is continuously getting all the leak-news?
However, there are points in favor of being a genuine news too, though very light:
- It is a matter of fact, Apple has changed its policy about products: iPad or Macbook is penetrating the general buyers and users very sharply. Also, Apple’s next operating system, Mac OS Lion is roaring and people are searching on Google (and landing to our Mac OS Lion theme for Windows 7 download page!). So, Microsoft might try to bring down this Mac fever.