Google search engine uses spiders to crawl the web and search for websites to include in its index. Most sites listed in its search results were found and added automatically when their robots crawl the web. To determine if your pages are indexed in Google or not, type the command site: www . your_site . com in Google. No need to worry if the launch of your website is very recent. Check the steps to establish a fast indexing in Google.
- Be patient, indexing can take several weeks.
- Is the sitemap of your Web pages well at the root of your www site? Also check if your sitemap has been submitted to Google in Google Webmaster Tools .
- If you have another site indexed in Google and if the same theme, point it to a link to your new site from the homepage. Two or three good inbound links and a few submissions in directories of the same theme are sufficient. Feel free to promote your site in social networks (Twitter, Facebook), blogs and forums of the same theme. Be careful not to overdo the amount of incoming links.
- If your site offers services or products to sell, you can register it in Google Local Business Center .
- If your site has been launched after the last crawl date for Google, it could explain why the indexing time is too slow.
- It is possible that your site has no content visible to search engine. Google reads perfectly well the text in HTML.
We wrote about sitemap ago in this article, it might be helpful for you.