Popups are now widely used by WordPress users, specially to promote their free Newsletters. But, what is the problem with these popups?
Many websites are using hugely pop up for surveys now too. Logically we understood these websites might be losing traffic and their SEO expert panel has advised to blow a survey right in front of the nose of the users. From Alexa traffic analysis, it seems the visitor trend has declined for them.
Here are some reasons why you should not use pop ups:
- People closes the tab instead of the pop ups, its not that they are fool. Its disturbs them.
- The popups distract users, may be do that work in pop up, like sign up for newsletter, going for the survey etc. but for get the main website.
- If the user closes the window / tab or do the pop up work, it will be counted as a bounce.
- Users become blind to the contents of the popup, making it useless for advertising purpose
- Popups mean additional page loading time.
- The first impression of a website is important.