Have you noticed the loading speed of some webpages? Does not it feel that some webpages as if “suddenly appears” in the browser? Just momentary white screen and it is ready. Those websites (including Google’s almost all services) are using the Cloud Hosting and thereby you are actually using the Cloud Servers when you are uploading an image on Flicker.
What are these Cloud Hosting and Cloud Servers?
With Cloud Hosting you can say goodbye to the old idea of renting a server and to be limited to the resources it offers. Cloud Hosting and Cloud Servers gives the opportunity to hosted website or its components on multiple connected servers those are actually the Cloud Servers.
If you are new with the term Server, Web Hosting; it is recommended to read our articles on Virtual Private Server, Dedicated Server and Shared Server. These are examples of traditional web hosting services and we are saying of a system which actually interconnects many such faster servers. Individually these servers are said to be on the cloud or cloud servers and the the hosting is Cloud Hosting.
With Cloud Hosting, you just have to configure your server the parameters : needed processing power, RAM, capacity of hard disk disk, operating system and control panel. Rest will will be done by the companies.
Advantages of Cloud Hosting
- Cloud Hosting and Cloud Servers provides a service in which the hardware is irrelevant to the customer.
- Need more RAM? Need more hard disk space? Need more bandwidth? Cloud Hosting makes it possible to hire only what you need.
- Cloud Hosting gives energy efficient infrastructure at a lesser cost.
- With Cloud Hosting, you can expand, add or remove cloud servers without changing server resources.
- Hardware level virtualization ensures more security in Cloud Hosting.
- Cloud Hosting ensures >99.9% uptime.
Disadvantages of Cloud Hosting
- With Cloud Hosting, user can not control the physical location of data.
- Cloud Hosting might fail to provide the level of Security that is provided by Colocation Server or a Dedicated Server.
Where Cloud Hosting is actually needed
A standard quality Cloud Hosting company can charge $ 200 per month or more. The most important point of Cloud Hosting is, it can throttle the computing power when needed. So, the IT infrastructure, Advertising companies use the Cloud Hosting and Cloud Servers. Bigger brands like Google, Amazon has their own Cloud Servers.
With the flexible Cloud Hosting Plans like RackSpace is providing now and with more reduced cost in near future; it is not impossible that most medium to Popular Blogs will use the Cloud Hosting Service instead of using a Virtual Dedicated Server or even a Dedicated Server.
Follow the Author of this article :