Colocation Server, Colocation Hosting and Managed Colocation Servers are more advanced Web Hosting Options and actually targeted for advanced usage.
Understanding Colocation Server, Colocation Hosting and Managed Colocation Servers
There are semi-dedicated Colocation Hosting Service providers who offers Managed Colocation Server Hosting Service. Colocation Server and Colocation Hosting Service allows multiple users to locate network and connect them to a service provider with a minimum of cost and complexity.
Colocation Centers are buildings with state of art data centres and generally uses SAS 70 or similar standards and levels of reliability. Colcoation service or colocation hosting servers enables you to host one or more servers that you own at that company.
In other simple word, it is a kind of dedicated hosting service, but in case of Colocation Server, the server is really yours and you can get the features of a large IT department at a fraction of cost.
Major Advantages and features of Colocation Server and Colocation Hosting Services
- Most colocation centres have high levels of physical security for the Colocation Server.
- If you own a colocation server, to examine your own server physically; you need to visit there and these Colocation Hosting Service Providers has employees who will escort you to your server. At this point you can compare with using a Bank Locker Room Space. The gold bars are yours, but the room is not yours and is safe guarded.
- Most services offer Tools to Remotely Manage your Colocation Server
- On-demand Managed and Professional Services
- Almost 99.99% uptime
- Your expenditure on a Colocation Server will obviously guaranty the output.
Disadvantages of Colocation Server and Colocation Hosting
- Very few companies actually has Colocation Server Hosting environment. For example, if we want a Colocation Server instead of a Dedicated Server from Rackspace, it is not very practical option to think we can fly to U.S. and physically examine our Colocation Server every month.
- Servers has a limited life span (median of 5 years); with a Dedicated Hosting Service, one can avoid this “aging of hardware component” factor.