Installing NeuroDebian Packages on Cloud Server for Neuroscience has various advantages including endless resource for computing,using VNC to work from Tablet. NeuroDebian is an Open Source software platform for Computational neuroscience which is created for integrating research tools and can be run on Debian operating system or its derivative OS like Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.
Installing NeuroDebian Packages on Cloud Server : Preface
For more about NeuroDebian Packages before Installing NeuroDebian Packages on Cloud Server for Neuroscience, you can point your browser to :
The reason I am recommending Installing NeuroDebian Packages on Cloud Server has various aspects :
- Your local computer will remain clean
- The hardware resource is virtually unlimited
- Installing NeuroDebian Packages can be done on a Private Cloud Platform
- Other scientists can directly work on the same computer, the only need is Internet connection
- Images of the server can be saved
- Pay as you go model providing almost processing power of a supercomputer
- With TightVNC, one can work from mobile devices like tablet PC on the real Ubuntu or Debian computer
- Headache Free for maintaining the hardware, replacement cost etc.
- You can run your website on the frontend
- With Rackspace, we can integrate with OpenStack
- Reduction of cost by dividing the monthly cost among multiple interested person, that means – no sponsor needed.
- It is impossible to arrange 100 computers, attach with Network Cards and use 30 GB of RAM at home. This will make the project costing you few cents to few dollars per hours.
Installing NeuroDebian Packages on Cloud Server for Neuroscience : Understanding VNC
VNC stands for Virtual Network Computing – we will show the steps for Installing NeuroDebian Packages on Cloud Server for Neuroscience on The Rackspace Cloud Server. We already have published the step by step guide to prepare a Ubuntu 12.04 Server to use as a remote desktop.
Basically the later steps will be the same as described on :
You can use Debian Squeeze instead of Ubuntu 12.04 for easy direct copy pasting and running the commands, but it is better to use Ubuntu 12.04 as Ubuntu package is based on Debian and quite fast and easy to use. We will prepare a step by step guide with video for Installing NeuroDebian Packages on Cloud Server for Neuroscience soon, for now, read that step by step guide to prepare a Ubuntu 12.04 Server to use as a remote desktop , install Python and its dependencies (otherwise adding repo will not work). The extra specific steps for Installing NeuroDebian Packages on Cloud Server are :
wget the list :
wget -O- http://neuro.debian.net/lists/squeeze.us-nh
You can read about adding resources manually :
Add the repo in sources.list :
sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/neurodebian.sources.list
Or combine two steps in one :
wget -O- http://neuro.debian.net/lists/squeeze.us-nh | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/neurodebian.sources.list
Add keys :
sudo apt-key adv --recv-keys --keyserver pgp.mit.edu 2649A5A9
Manual (man) page for Key is here :
Do an update :
sudo apt-get update
You can restart the server, optionally. It is good if you allow contest (optional) :
sudo apt-get install mricron
This is all about Installing NeuroDebian Packages on Cloud Server for Neuroscience. You can use it from virtually any computing device with a VNC software. Android has lot of software. Windows, Linux, Mac – all supports VNC client. If you want a client software free on browser Operating System, you can follow this guide.