HTML Pages Generated from WordPress has the advantage of being delivered from any server or can be distributed via CDN easily at less cost in some situations. This is very tricky way and safe way for the commercial websites with webpages practically never changes.
HTML Pages Generated from WordPress : Implications and Limitations
We are pointing to use the HTML output from WordPress for following the method to serve HTML Pages Generated from WordPress, just like we described in an tutorial Creating a WordPress Generated Website on Rackspace Cloud Files.
So basically you will have :
- The slimmed down version of WordPress without any PHP file
- There is no question of any MySQL database
- There is no question of getting hacked via SQL injection
- PHP still can be executed within the HTML pages, if the server supports PHP
- Simple Apache server is enough
- No caching is required
- Page loading Speed will be faster
- URL can be controlled by .htaccess
- Easy to add conversion tracking codes
- Costs less as simply a CDN and domain name can be used for hosting
However, this method has limitations for using HTML Pages Generated from WordPress for a complete website too :
- Impractical for blogs or where the dynamic PHP is required too much
- Technically difficult to implement
- Demands some PHP to be retained for full potentiality of WordPress
- Every time FTP access / CDN access is required
HTML Pages Generated from WordPress : More Tips
Now you know how to create virtual appliance on your computer. That knowledge can be combined to make the setup more versatile. At least some of our websites, which we use WordPress, but need not to change any thing regularly, are quite good candidate to use this method as it preserves the URLs.
Follow the Author of this article :