Podcast and WordPress can make the older posts more lively again. A small introduction Podcast can increase the conversion. Here is a detailed guide. We actually have said lot about Podcast before like in the case in the basic article on Podcast and Podcasting. We can use another free software for Podcast – like we have shown in the guide on Installing Podcast Generator on Rackspace Cloud Sites. But, we guess most want the Podcast to be embedded in WordPress per post – that is what a professional way to use the power of Podcasting.
Podcast and WordPress : Pure Basics
Our previous guide on Managing and Delivering Podcast Audio and Video From WordPress, we guess have not worked well for the intended readers. A more technical breaking down to earth (or mud) is what needed, right. So let us understand the basics.
- You basically need to create the audio file you want to podcast, Audio normally will be common thing a Post, like as if an audio book. This is usually done in an Mp3 or Mp4 format. Obviously, you will need a Microphone and good Audio Editing software for this part.
- Now, either you can upload your selected file to the server or to CDN.
- At this point, the point for creating a link to your this audio file with a post on your blog arrives – understood my point ?
- If you upload via WordPress, WordPress would automatically provide a link for your RSS/Atom feed podcast. This is default feature. You can use CDN Plugin to change this file’s url to CDN – its a static thing.
- There are WordPress Plugins to enhance the usages like Podcasting Plugin by TSG, podPress etcetra
- In the above described method, the main blog’s MySQL actually holding all the data, in most cases; that is desirable.
- Using normal hyperlink like with a href markup actually will work fine to embed within the post.
This is very basic. Now for advanced part on Podcast and WordPress.
Podcast and WordPress : A Bit Advanced
You need a good planning. Without the plan, practically the Podcast part will become a pathetic project. What people will love to hear is a kind of thing what possibly no software can plan. You may be interested to use a separate dot fm domain name or an subdirectory in case you want to fully separate the things. The MySQL database for sub domain or separate domain becoming different – WordPress is not managing it by default. Obviously you can use those corrosponding urls if you want in your main posts.
Submitting your podcast to iTunes is the most important part where people fails. Feedburner, offers the option to burn Podcast Feeds too. You can use your existing Feed or a new feed. It depends on the need. New will be better for older blogs with lot of posts.
When you will use AdWords, target only the specific mobile devices – this is a very good point to understand because Podcasting is more interesting on the go, right now this is the trend.