Photography Books, Magazines and Forums we have reviewed or read so far, has been listed and divided in to sections without any affiliate or tracking link. Usually, people writes this kind of recommendation with some affiliate link or have some behind the scene transaction. These are intended to increase our readers’ knowledge – this is an article based website – not ‘blog’ really, but a website can only provide information to to a level, it is; for example not possible to write huge details on one small topic. To extend your knowledge; you must think to use these resources.
The Correct way to Compact your Knowledge with these Photography Books, Magazines, Forums and our publications
I still do not have any book on Photography, at the time of writing this article. This excludes the ‘fear’ of being pushed towards any product. We have tried to think about budget and cost : benefit ratio.
Our Digital Photography section has 259 articles right now. Try to open the first article – that means, go the last archival webpage and find the topic of your need. Understand the basics first; try to apply them. If you have applied this method, then go for buying books on the topic which you think you need more information. Using magazines and forums as a source of knowledge is a continuous parallel process. In our opinion, a book absolutely an inevitable need for both the beginners and advanced amateur photographers.
Photography Books, Magazines and Forums
We will write the names, URLs of the Photography Books, Magazines and Forums in this a kind of list and you have to copy paste the URL and find where the price goes lowest.
Actually, you can head towards DMOZ.org and seek the Photography section for reference web forums. Most of them are free to join. Apart from them, our personal users’ experience :
- deviantArt.com : deviantArt is actually a community. It has individual profiles, groups as well as forums. This is a good place to have free criticism by the fellow photographers, get some limelight. As of July 2011, deviantArt is the largest internet art platform.
- photography-on-the.net/forum/ : One of the best Photography forum. Free registration. Even if you are a Canon user, you can just browse the forums and view the images. From reputed Photographers, Photo Journalists to newbie – you can find here everyone. In fact, I had to look a thread on POTN for the list !
- thephotoforum.com/forum/ : Good forum.
If you do not like any of the above, then do a web search. Probably you will not need to join more than one good photography forum.
There are lot of good Photography Magazines, but there are more bad quality magazines. These worth to be evaluated :
- The 37th Frame
- Blue Eyes Magazine
- Adore Noir
- Amateur Photographer (.co.uk)
- British Journal of Photography
- Complete Guide to Digital Photography : One of th best book for any level of user.
- The Art of Photography : Known to be one of the best book for making the mind free. This is the revised edition of the classic book.
- National Geographic Photography Field Guide : Simply perform a search with the name.
- Understanding Exposure : By Bryan Peterson
- The photographer’s eye : By Michael Freemans, a systematic guide to photographic composition.
These Photography Books, Magazines and Forums are more than enough resources to start with. We will write about only books divided in categories in near future.Tagged With paperuri:(b2a4bbfade8b50ac0097839c07007e69)