To improve the IT-based enterprise business processes, the problems with ERP Cloud Computing Services must be known and defined. The problem descriptions also include the effects of the operation of ERP Cloud Computing Services as well as the probability and extent of damage. We started the discussion from the last article on ERP Cloud Computing Services. A quick recall of the major matters are illustrated here.
The probability is divided into gradations :
- Low (probability less than 5%)
- Medium (probability between 5% and 20%)
- High (probability 20%).
The potential damage is scaled into :
- Low (damage less than 1% of annual sales)
- Medium (damage between 1% and 3% of annual turnover)
- High (damage over 3% of annual turnover).
The impact of this problem show up in various forms:
- When customers can be provided not tested, binding offer, this results in a negative external effect for the company
- Increased effort for the field staff on the basis of duplicate detection job data and subsequent feedback to the customer
- Increased susceptibility to errors in transferring the detainees customer data into the ERP system by temporal separation of the two processes
- Ad-hoc requests from customers can not be timely processed by field staff, it may be followed by a job loss
ERP Cloud Computing Services : Definition of the Objectives of Future IT Landscape
In order to reach a decision on the future operation of the ERP Cloud Computing Services landscape, the company must define goals to reach this. Objectives may relate to time, money, image, standards, innovation, target groups or other requirements. In order to define goals clearly, this SMART method, i.e. Specific, Measurable, Accepted, Realistic and schedulable be created.
ERP Cloud Computing Services : Set Process Order
An ERP system is a complex software application that aims to support the resource planning of a company. ERP systems should largely map all business processes and thus can provide the desired information to the user. An ERP system as software as a service is mostly controlled via a browser, that is the user interface of the system can be operated via a browser.
The browser-based solution to access the system at any time, any place is possible, which supports mobile use or makes possible. The service provider provides the hardware resources in the data center with available and is responsible for maintenance of the system. Administrative tasks can be done via the web interface and are usually largely automated. The customer of an ERP software as a service service does not require its own server hardware and thus also no know-how in the field of server administration. The billing of the service is usually per user per month, in addition a one-time fee is required in most cases. About a Service Level Agreement (SLA) can be defined quality characteristics such as availability, resilience and recovery times as well as the location of the data.