List of Good Email Solutions in the Cloud Provides a Short List of Prominent Email Solution Providers, as SaaS or for PaaS or IaaS. We wrote about the Current Status and Considerations for Email in the Cloud. That part mostly was theoretical discussion. Here is a Practical list of names of Providers who provide Email Solutions in the Cloud, usually in a Freemium Model.
List of Good Email Solutions in the Cloud : Things to Consider
Like for PaaS, we usually take Heroku and OpenShift as The Standard. There are lot of tutorials, both text and video guides on Heroku Cloud within this website. We wrote Heroku Add-ons once. Heroku is quite good for the developers and the reviewers. If you do not understand SaaS, PaaS, IaaS etc. terminologies, then start reading from Cloud Computing Service Models and then come back to read this article. Obviously, Google’s Paid Solutions, Microsoft Solutions are out from here due to their incompatible, non flexible SaaS structure.
List of Good Email Solutions in the Cloud
Most of the names practically are collected from Rackspace Cloud Marketplace, Heroku Addons etc. places. In other words, they already has been verified by another known Cloud infrastructure provider. If you are a Rackspace Cloud user, you will get most of these from Marketplace, usually with more features for free than the usual free consumers, same goes about Heroku Cloud users.
- SendGrid : SendGrid is probably the oldest prominent cloud-based email infrastructure provider. Available both for Heroku and Rackspace users for free (up to a level). Also, they have free tier for normal users.
- Mailgun : Mailgun is an API or SMTP based email service for web applications. As we shifted to Performance Web Server of Rackspace, we needed to change our Email solution. We have not deployed our infrastructure on Mailgun, but they have very good support. The solution is available in the same manner like that of SendGrid.
- Postmark : Postmark, like the two above is available by default to Heroku and Rackspace users. Postmark themselves are hosted at Rackspace.
- CakeMail : It is actually intended for Email Marketing.
- SecureTide : Spam and Virus Protection is the highlighting point for this email service.
- Sonian : Sonian is an email archiving and ediscovery service.
- SocketLabs : Provide Email On-Demand SMTP relay servers.
- CloudMailIn : Provides a way to get incoming email messages in your web app via an HTTP POST request.
- Mailtrap : Dummy SMTP server. Access your inbox with intuitive web interface.
- Mandrill : Mandrill is by Mailchimp, it is a way for apps/domains to send transactional email and it runs on the same delivery infrastructure that powers MailChimp.
- Blower.io : Send notifications to users of all phone types, not just smartphones. It is actually not email solution.
So here are at least 5 usable Email Solutions in the Cloud, thats too for free at normal everyday usage.
Follow the Author of this article :