Here is a Checklist For Facebook Account settings for Better Privacy and Security. Any Level of User Must Change The Default Settings and Tweak. As we have mentioned in the article Cloud Computing and Social Networks in Mobile Space, as the mobile devices can track us in real life, one must ensure own and his/her friends and relative’s security and privacy.
Facebook Account settings for Better Privacy and Security : Facebook Traffic Quality is Pathetic
The reason we need to give importance to Facebook account settings for better privacy and security is only for the practical fact – Facebook is the marketplace for diverse kind of traffic. From International criminals to kind of Snake Oil sellers – all can be found on Facebook. This is one of the big reason to use cheap adverts of Facebook to get targeted traffic. Practically we never need to think about the privacy and security settings on deviantArt or LinkedIN. They have paid premium account offering more features.
So, it is important to make your account a bit secure. It is minimal Facebook specific settings. You can use many Browser add-ons to enforce more security.
Facebook Account settings for Better Privacy and Security : Checklist
Unfortunately, we do need to use Facebook. We like it or dislike it, Facebook Security is a matter that you need to think more than you usually pay attention for. Most even never click the settings to check what options are provided.
General Security and Privacy Stuffs
- Do not click odd App or Game invitation
- Do not try to know your future from various Apps, they can be dangerous
- Astrologers and Horoscopes can not never change your luck. God can override! But, these apps are usually unsafe and sniffs the whole profile.
- While clicking Facebook App prompt, read what is written in the window. Some Apps can read your PMs. The App prompt looks same for all but they are manually clicked to set while launching the App.
- If you die just because of a Facebook App, Facebook is not responsible
- Facebook is not your private album
- Facebook has a huge big privacy, data usage policy, read it if you have never read it
- Facebook has official support forum
- Facebook has official personal support over email for serious issues like bullying
- Facebook might give you deleted data where bullying thing happened
- Facebook has security options, but they are never made default, because Facebook have to run their business and give you free account
- No uploaded content is yours unless proved otherwise. Facebook can use your photo for their Ads. Partners can also use. You already accepted the terms of usage
- Male-Female relationships are a bit borderline, be careful
- It looks like expect me none is watching me. You are fully under our watch when you opted to read this webpage. We know your many data, this is for security.
- Facebook can collect your personal data and use it for Ads. You are using a free service, you can not impose your SLA or Copyright just because you have opened an account
- Facebook employees might be able to read your PMs for security
- An Facebook employee after leaving jobs at Facebook, can sell your data – yes, illegal, but very difficult to find out.
- This list is just a starting !
Core Security and Privacy Settings
Most Security Tips on Facebook was published before. You must read the hyperlinked article. That is a part of this guide. Blocking People in Facebook has flaws.
Cheating Apps and Scams
Facebook is a warehouse of various scams, cheating apps. Who viewed my profile is a typical cheating app. Limit your Facebook Games and Apps.
- Strictly force HTTPS
- If you like a Girl or Boy, behave like in real life; giving Like is not the way to win the game. Unknowingly He/She might be sharing a thing which is pointing towards a danger
- Always keep the way to contact you difficult
- Try to post with “Friends” “Who Should See This” for non-promotive status updates
- Lesser personal photo posted, more better
- In general females should be aware of the real problems
- It is better to clear the browser cache and cookies after logging out
- Always keep login notification to ON