Laymen commonly refer these softwares as Electronics Circuit Design Softwares. Electronic design automation (EDA) or electronic computer-aided design (ECAD) is a big category of software for designing the electronic systems. In this article we will provide the readers a comprehensive list of electronics circuit design softwares which can be used for any DIY electronic project. Arduino users can use them. For PCB design in old way with one layer, we can easily follow manual way like we have and design working PCB at home. But multilayer and complicated projects need these softwares. Also, to create schematic, these softwares are needed.
List of Electronics Circuit Design Softwares : Usual EDA For Electronic Circuit Design
We have classified in our way to easily check them :
For Analog System
- Electric VLSI Design System
- SPICE and variants
For Digital SystemAdvertisement
- FreePCB (PCB design software)
- Electric (PCB design software)
- gEDA (Plus PCB design software)
For Mixed (analog and digital) System
- Circuits Cloud
- GNU Circuit Analysis Package (Gnucap)
- Quite Universal Circuit Simulator
Other simulators includes CPU Sim, LTspice, Micro-Cap, SapWin.
List of Electronics Circuit Design Softwares : Schematic Editors For List Electronic Circuit Design
Schematic editors are tools for schematic capture of electrical circuits or electronic circuits. Modern schematic editors typically provide these capabilities:
- Capture electrical properties and other attributes of basic electrical components
- Provides a hierarchical way of designing
- Generate netlists as common representation of the designed circuit
- Can generate documentation
- Generate Gerber files to CAM
- Provides libraries of standard components
- Auto detect and report errors
- Can input designs from various formats
If we create a list, it will look like this :
- AutoTRAX DEX
- TARGET 3001!
- ZenitPCB Layout
Eagle (proprietary software) is almost a standard. KiCad is a Free Software alternative. If you are a starter, look at their websites, select 2-3 options and ask on electronics related Q&A sites or forums. As newbie, avoid softwares which peoples almost do not use.