In DIY works, theoretical knowledge around them becomes a barrier – it happens that you noticed a thing in use and understood to be appropriate but the name is unknown to you. We are saying the theoretical English nomenclatures, for few in real life technicians to the shops refer them with different sounding name which goes worser in the non-English speaking countries. Here are the common types of electrical switches used in DIY & household, although it has minimum limitations for buying them in real life, you can buy from online shops 1-2 units and show in local shop – “please give me this thing, what you say its name?” At worst, for few Eurasian countries and America has opposite wiring names! The common household switches Eurasians refer as one way, but the Americans refer as two way. Forefathers of the white Americans left Eurasia at basic or zero progress of electrical engineering.
Types of Electrical Switches : Specification and Abbreviation
Honestly this part is for your understanding for not to buy wrong thing. We can append these odd words as prefix of any type of switch. As for example “toggle switch” can have only 2 poles to connect, 3 poles to connect, 4 poles to connect, 6 poles to connect. “SPST toggle switch” switch means the toggle switches which has 2 or 3 poles to connect (1 extra usually ground). If you say “SPST toggle switch with 2 terminals or 2 poles” that becomes more precise for ordinary need. “DPST toggle switch” has 2 sets of connections to accept! There will be also “DPDT toggle switch”. We have made the names of common forms of green color bold text in the below list :
- SPST – Single pole, single throw
- SPST-NO – Single pole, single throw, normally open
- SPST-NC – Single pole, single throw, normally closed
- SPDT – Single pole, double throw
- SPCO – Single pole changeover
- SPTT – Single pole, centre off or Single Pole, Triple Throw
- DPST – Double pole, single throw
- DPDT – Double pole, double throw
- DPCO – Double pole changeover
- 2P6T – Two pole, six throw
Types of Electrical Switches : Names of Common Mechanical & Non-Electronic Switches
We are only saying the names of the commonest switches.
- Pushbutton switches are commonly used from DIY works to consumer electronics.
- Rocker switches are commonly found on desktop PC computer peripheral power units – which have an inbuilt light do not stay for longer period.
- Toggle switches are used for switching circuits. Toggle switches are used in electronic panels and a wider range of switching function is offered.
- Slide switches are used for switching circuits based on position of the slider. They are commonly used for on-off buttons or just as a general control switch.
- Rotary switches are can have multiple discrete stops to make particular thing on. Old fashioned celling fan regulators have rotary switches.
- Wall switches are used in residential and commercial buildings for on-off control light, fan etc.
- DIP switch is a special type of electric switch packaged in a standard dual in-line package (DIP) for circuits.
Types of Electrical Switches : Some Electronic Switches
It is complicated matter. Electronic can be analogue or digital. Relay is commonly used electrically operated switch. Metal Oxide Semiconductor Field Effect Transistor (MOSFET) is a high frequency switching device.Tagged With types of switches , eletrical Swich Type , electronic switch types name , electrical switches types , electric switch names , different types of switches and their names , different types of switches , Different types of switch and their names , all type switch name , ইলেকট্রিক সুইচ নাম