If your website’s Domain Authority (DA Score) was 55 and this month it became 54, then it is normal to develop some phobia. We will love to repeat the same thing mentioned in our article on How To Increase Your Website’s Domain Authority, “Please do not make the Domain Authority (DA) of your website a headache in a hurry”. Decline by 1-2 points usually not dangerous and point towards an audit of the website metrics. A decline by one point may mean – your website has no-fault, but the others ahead of you are improving. It may mean that there is a loss of valuable backlinks or there is some technical issue with your website.
Do not do these the DA of your website recently fallen by 1-2 points
- Do not change the theme of your WordPress website. Instead, you can optimize the theme.
- Do not hugely alter the overall placements.
- Do not start to purchase cheap backlinks. Do not backlink your website from the domains with high spam score.
- Do not “sell” dofollow links, at least for 1 month
The above things contribute to smaller changes of both classic Page Rank and DA. Site design and theme matters as the bots read the HTML. Change in location of the navigation may confuse the bots when we do not know why DA has fallen by 1-2 points.
Do these the DA of your website recently fallen by 1-2 points
- Try to find websites with DA higher than you and spam score less than 3%. Approach them for “guest posting” with dofollow links. This method definitely works.
- Audit the backlink loss of your website. If possible, try to “restore” the lost backlinks.
- Publish frequently.
- Publish high quality engaging content.
- Review rich-snippets and micro-formats of your website.
- Check the page loading speed.
- If you publish “sponsored posts”, lower the frequency (if not possible to completely stop)
- Pay for Twitter, Facebook ads to increase the social signals.
- Use some tool to check the on-page SEO
- Check your site-map
- Check for any error in Google Search Central (formerly Webmasters) panel.
- Check the parameters of website security (run SSLLabs test).
- Check the 301 redirections
Sometimes, a few of the backlinking websites are awarded higher spam score which eventually affects the linked websites. Some technical errors in redirection may result from a small fall in DA score. Once your DA goes up, you’ll start to think why DA has not been increased by one point. Increasing DA from 55 to 60 is not quite easy. You need to invest money to create various open-source plugins and tools like calculators. Peoples love good tools, they tend to tell others about the tools.