We started with the article 5 steps to make money from blogging and explained about how to make money from selling links in your blog. Today, we will discuss another interesting topic, that is to make money from your blog by using the affiliate programs rightly.
Affiliate programs are managed by companies that make intermediary between webmasters and companies looking to advertise on the Internet.
Most important direct affiliate programs are from web hosting companies, software companies, WordPress theme developers, other consumer products etc. WordPress premium theme companies, like Thesis, Genesis, Elegant themes and many more gives the opportunity too. Another is Amazon affiliation. Related products will be shown on the advertisements automatically and if the visitor clicks and buys it, you will get a certain percentage.
Advantages of affiliate program
- The revenue generated can be significant. If your website or blog is properly focused it can make good money.
Income may be for sale, search or click. Obviously what we gain from the sale or registration is much more than what you can earn per click.
- You can choose the type and the subject of advertising to be included in the website or blog.
- Affiliate programs offer a wealth of tools to integrate advertising into web pages or blogs.
Almost all “big bloggers” makes around quarter million Dollars during a good month / season; practically the big bloggers does not depend on banner Ads like us.
Disadvantages of Affiliate Programs
- The commissions of all affiliate programs are not very high. You need to do a research for your own website, which suits better.
- Many webmasters have doubts about the transparency of these companies and many of them have a very short life. It is important therefore decided by those who have enough time working.